Downlights cpc - EIC - Bonding

Read what the regs say re omission of bonding in a bathroom - not as clear cut as just having all circuits on RCD.

Sponsored Links
DO I need to reconnect the CPCs?
Remember what the 1st 'C' stands for.

[hint]It's not "Accessory" or "Appliance"....[/hint] ;)

GaryMo,
If the luminaries had been supplied as a kit with 2 core cable minus a CPC then it's a totally different story.
What if they had not been supplied by 2 core but had no earth terminal connection?
No difference between that and a Class II pendant lampholder hanging from a rose on 2-core flex. You still connect all the cpcs at the rose.

The manufactures instructruction regarding downlights normally state no cpc needed, as they are double insulated plus as they will be in a chain should not effect another lighting circuit. . I always do connect the cpcs up in connection blocks though.
I have plenty of Electrical Installation certificate.. Can I still use them - there is no room to put the 2nd RCD on it or do I need to get new one. Any recommendation for computer recommended certificate software.
You continue on another sheet and page number it.
Is there any electrical circuits in the bathroom to sup bond?
SPS
Except he didn't, not all of it.

Scary - please spend a bit of time learning how to use quote tags...

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds
Criticised!
Not at all, I know I'm an idiot!
I think I'll start folding my paper planes before I build my rocket :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back