Dowsing

Sponsored Links
How embarrassing. If you can't face me head on then fook off. :rolleyes:

How embarrassing. If you can't face me head on then fook off. :rolleyes:
Hit a raw nerve have I?

Anyone who faced you 'head on' would probably strain their back looking down on you :LOL:

It depends on your vision of god. We are lowlife mammals that are pretty clueless about just about everything in the universe. We know nuffink.
So why is it so odd?

If you are of the opinion that God exists then it is no more or less ridiculous and no more or less believable than if water divining exists.

So you've never seen a water diviner at work. Poor you...you need to get out more.
Many of the bore well drillers divine for water. Nothing new. Its used a lot here in the province and works well.

Sponsored Links
So you've never seen a water diviner at work. You need to get out more.
Aw bless. Poor Norcs hasn't had the village elder read the post properly to him.

I am not doubting water diviners or any other ethereal encounters.

My argument is with the fact that Joey finds the water divining thing "odd" when he is so vociferous when it comes to other things divine, i.e. God etc.

deary me Norcs, if you are gonna have it in for someone at least do it with a modicum of 'nous'.

Joe's opinion is probably similar to the great atheist prof dawkins in that a creator must exist.
Just dawkins hasn't developed the intelligence yet to class it as "God". :LOL:

Did anyone read the link Joe gave for the Randi site? He's not actually offering $1 million for proof that "dowsing" works.. Here's the text from the $1million dollar challenge,,,,,,,
At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event.

I really don't think dowsing would come under any of these categories. It's neither paranormal, supernatural nor occult (at least I don't think so) ;) ;)

So was the external stopcock found?

He told me that there almost certainly isn't one, although he cannot be completely sure without digging down.

As it happens, the gas people are currently moving down the road replacing old gas pipes. Our house is next. Assuming their excavations extend far enough, I should be able to see for myself in the next several days.

It really works, my wire coat hangers are continually throwing themselves at the floor of my wardrobe.

An update.

The gas men have now dug up the road outside our house and, lo and behold, there is a tarmacked-over stopcock.
As I understand it, it is not uncommon for the people who dig up roads to happily tarmac over these things as it's too much trouble to reinstate the covers.

However, United Utilities have been brilliant. I telephoned them today and they're sending someone out tomorrow. I couldn't ask for better. If the gas men are happy, they will sort out the stopcock whilst the road is already excavated.

When I was a kid in Australia, it worked quite well to find water pipes.
Didn't even use separate bits of wire, just one bent in _^_ shape.
It's not so useful here where water can be quite literally everywhere.

Just out of interest, United Utilities have delivered a free tube-thing (don't know the proper word!) and metal cover, and the gas men have very kindly agreed to place it in position and assured me that they won't tarmac over it.

I went out to measure it and the tap is about 32" below the (proposed) road surface, so it's not going to be out of reach even without a long-tool-thing (don't know the proper word either!).

Unfortunately, there's no pavement and the tap is in the road (about a foot from the edge), and it's a busy road. So I've decided that if disaster strikes and I need to turn it off quickly, I'll park my car in front of it (with hazard lights on) for a few minutes whilst I turn it off. No yellow lines, fortunately.

who needs wires and the like,i can just look out of my window and see lots.

Sponsored Links
Back