Draining a micorbore system

Seems to me that the best way of doing it would be to get a drainoff somewhere in the system....
That would require a selfcutter that fits on micobore, and that is something I have yet to encounter.

Sponsored Links
Suppose you could freeze one section and get it in there. At least it'll be just the once.

Ben going by the stuff you have been saying I think to do this job is beyond your experience and should tell your "mate" to get someone in who is.
Because you know how to start the engine it don't mean you can drive the van ;)

let me get this straight--- you have drined what you can from the boiler drain off ,, and the system is on drops all of it, .

that means you havent much water in the pipes above ben,

your not going to get a massive spillage as you seem to think.

towells and some sheets , take one rad of at a time and bingo.

it'll take good part of a day tho. i recon.

Sponsored Links
Now this post has been put up by someone who uses the words shi#ish gas calls anyone who is cheap a cowboy and could pull there jobs apart .
But in reality has not got a clue how to class no blow off to outside or flue under 2 metres without a basket, both absolute basics.
I have took my 16 year old son out on about half a dozen jobs with emphasis on protecting customers property no matter even if its a sh#te hole and i would be very surprised and pished off if he did not know how to deal with this.

get a grip for fek sake ben or moderate your slagging posts you have sunk even lower in my estimations... Basic basic basic.

Guess he goes same ACS centre as Agile

hey , everyone finds out they have weaknesses,

some can just see other people's a little quicker ;)

Guys, let's just concentrate on the original question. For whatever reasons are mine, I don't want to take any risks here.

The questions still is: how do I empty the system safely, e.g. is there a clever tool like some sort of selftapper that I have for 15 mm, that works on microbore, or some way to push the water out with air.

I know how to change valves, clean systems, fit filters, empty rads in a bowl, and even that you should stick a plastic sheet and towels underneath if that is what you have to resort to.
I don't want to do that here. Like I said before, if it was a normal paying customer, I would have walked out in a matter of minutes, but this is different.

I really do appreciate the help, the input, and the good intentions, but the only issue is how to empty the system safely, risk free, relatively pain free and keeping the cost in check.[/b]

Quite religious on a sunday ben - thrice we have denied you ;) Like you, I can't source a 10mm selftap so can only suggest the one-off freeze to get a drainoff in there. Less than a tenner for a spray.

Quite religious on a sunday ben - thrice we have denied you ;) ....
Thanks mate, mine is a life of suffering :(
I don't have a wife that understands me, nor a boss who appreciates what I do, my dad didn't love me and my mommy didn't breast feed me for long enough. I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin. But I can deal with all that.
What really bores me to tears is.......

Trolls and professional idiots. :rolleyes:

Most refrigerant suppliers will have these in stock of varying designs and the 3/8" should fit 10mm microbore. (Try "Dean and Wood")
You would need to be savvy with the connection though as it requires a flare and the tool for this is expensive but some suppliers may have some flared ends in stock.
You could also just purchase a pressure guage line which will not be that expensive.
http://www.ite-tools.com/lindhout/htmlengels/pdf/ap-1.pdf
linetapvalve2.jpg

Is this the same as the selftappers on 15 mm, where you can connect a flex with a compression joint to the dufa once it has cut into the pipe? If so, it is what I am looking for.

This thread is completely mad Ben.

First you say the valves are likely to fall off if you touch them. Now you want to put a high pressure hose on the pipe and blow it out.

Have you any idea what will happen or the room will look like if a valve comes off at 1bar let alone 2-3bar.

Correct it will spray the whole area, including the ceilings and furniture.

Just want the tapper to open the microbore without touching the valves. Who says anything about putting high pressure on it? :confused:
Stick tapper on pipe.
Carefully cut the pipe with it.
Connect flex to compression joint or union on tool.
Hang end of flex in drain.
Open valve on tapper.
Make cuppa with kettle that has boiled whilst doing the above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back