Drayton Digistat RF1 and Greenstar 28i junior- ODDNESS!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I have the above with a DT20 programmer on the boiler, the thermostat reciever next to the boiler, and the thermostat unit in my hall way.
Recently it has become cold enough for me to put the heating on- problem is- I cant!! Well ok thats not strictly true, I can but only during the day!!!!!!!- and not really as it should be.

I have done battery change, checked the wall unit is talking to reciever, red light flashes etc then goes off- all works fine, but push the + button on the reciever so that the flame appears, (red light flashes on reciever, goes out, green light comes on) and nothing happens- the boiler simply wont fire (well not in the evenings it doesnt!!).

So as I rent a plumber came round- he changed the batteries and presto it worked- but that was at 3pm- by 7pm it would no longer work, and the same thing tonight- which is the MOST BIZARRE thing I have ever come across.
:eek: :confused: :eek:
Hot water works FINE- although we always have it in the ON position (dont know if that makes a diference). Oh and I can not just use the boiler manually, which I would be happy to do with the DT20 as the electrical supply to both boiler and thermostat reciever are connected to the same switch, cant turn one off without the other

Please please help before I either turn into an icicle or just pull the blumming thing off the wall!! I just want to be warm!!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
we fit alot of these room stats and the recievers do fail alot.a easy way around it as a temp repair is to turn off power undo reciever and join wires 1 and 3 you can put them in to number 4 on reciever this will do away with room stat and you can work the boiler on its own stat.you will have to get anew reciever for permant fix

Thanks so much! It does seems to have a mind of its own, works one minute now, then turns itself off - then works again and again then NOPE!! Our landladies plumber said they are a bit rubbish and he will replace it!!

But for now I have heat- occasionally!!! LOL

Sponsored Links
Ask them to fit a Honeywell stat, slightly more expensive but I've never had a fault with them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back