Drayton RF1 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DRAYTON RF1 wireless digital thermostat connected to my Vokera Combi boiler. This boiler was installed in the summer, so haven't been using the clock that is on the boiler itself.

Now winter is approaching I have been trying to set the clock so that it fires the boiler up in the morning. However, whenever the thermostat is set to call for heat it fires the boiler up even if the clock is in "Auto" and the time is set so that boiler is not meant to come on.

In other words, it's as if the clock is totally bypassed !!!! Has my thermostat been wired up wrong? or am I just thick!!!!

Regards

Brian

Sponsored Links
You could be right about your boiler timer being by-passed. If so, you could consider changing the digistat RF1 for an RF2 or 3 which include timing functions. See brochure.

But this is really something your installer should sort out. Call them back.

I did think about getting the Drayton RF2 or 3, but then saw that it was about £100.

Because I had the boiler installed in the summer, I think I'll just get them back round ...and kill them !!! They can sort it out.

If I had the wiring diagrams (I've lost the instructions), I could check that he hasn't put a link in the wrong place. I'm an electronics engineer, so won't be a problem.

I live in Glasgow, we are starting to need our heating on in the morning, up here !!!!!

Brian

10p says the receiver wires are connected to the same terminals as the clock because the plumber who put it in didn't have a spare bit of terminal block- ??
If that's right then clock-ON would override the thermostat of course.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help.

He had indeed bypassed the clock, I have managed to rectify it, with a spare bit of terminal block.

Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back