Eastern european installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if there polish or martians.

The only problems I can see are:

Blind grommet missing - a very common fault.
No earth sleeving - I don't believe anyone has ever been injured by a lack of sleeving.
Cracked pattrice - he has'nt tried to hide it but has made temp repair using G/Y tape - perhaps he's coming back tomorrow to replace it.

All a bit of a non story/post really.

Sponsored Links
IF the guys that did that were actually Polish then whats the problem with saying so?
Because it is not relevant.

It is not a factor responsible for the work being of poor quality.

What motive could he possibly have had for mentioning it? How does it affect how we judge the work?

I invite you, and everyone else, to look at these two mock-ups, and think how you would feel about them if they were real.

If they do give you pause for thought, ask yourself why. Ask yourself what the difference is.

Earlier today I was thinking it's been a bit quiet in here lately - thought too soon. :D :D

Sponsored Links
Maybe this topic shouldn't be discussed any further. Or divert the attention to the fact that it is likely the workers consider themselves competent but havn't retrained since coming here?

However I don't know if this work is to standard from where they originally trained,. assuming they did.

Jeez BAS, get over it. It was a statement of fact - the chaps who put up and wired the cabin were Polish.

I expect, logically, the fact that I did not read any racism into the original post does also make me a racist?

The Poles are a proud, long-suffering and hard-working nation. Some of them have covered themseves in glory when flying RAF Spitfires and Hurricanes. Most of them have no fear of anything, anymore - least of all the dangers of electricity.

The recently-issued Polish Regs (2005) are modelled on the German Regs, but the Poles don't take it half as seriously as the Germans do. I have quite a few Polish friends and aquaintances both through work and my parish church. I have nothing but admiration for them - cowboys that they are when compared to the 'British way' of doing things........

I'm not that keen on the Frenchies or the Welshies by the way, so I suppose that that makes me a racist too?

Lucia.

Please note that 'Polish' is not a race, therefore 'racism' is the wrong term to be throwing around - xenophobia is the correct term.

Holmslaw: Why don't you have the courage to state your objections in a clear and concise manner, instead of resorting to cryptic, caveman tactics?

If you were to do so, I'd be able to respond in a civil manner........

Lucia.

JohnnyG: I see that you're a fan of 'Spitting Image'?.....

I can't post a link to the Polish Regs (2005), because I just don't know how to do it - and I doubt whether you can read the Polish language anyway, as I can't. So you'll just have to take my word for it - or not. It's all the same to me.

Lucia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back