Electric to garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
does anybody know how much is likely to cost to have electricity supplied to my garage ? it is not close to my home and i dont want to run a genie as the noise would be to much of an impact on the neighbours . I have a electricty pole about 100 feet away from the garage so they can take a feed of that . i have rang my supplier and they have sent me some forms to fill in but wont tell me how much it will cost , they are teating it as they would as a new build , The lady on the phone said that they will do the work then send me a bill , so that could be for £50 or £5000 but she wouldnt say ,so has anybody else had such work done ? i not going to be running heavy machinary etc just lights and a plug for a kettle etc

Sponsored Links
They can't not give you a proper quote.

Ignore the idiot on the phone.

Fill in the forms, send them off, and ask for a written quote.

But it won't be cheap, and coupled with the standing charge, or higher initial rate, the small amount you'll use in the garage will end up being very expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back