Electronic dimmers/2-way ccts..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed an electronic dimmer for the first time, I was quite impressed by the design & ease of use, but the thing that I was most impressed by was the ability to use it to turn a 1-way cct into a 2-way cct. without disturbing the original switch drop(just a slight reorgansiation of the ceiling rose wiring. Do all electronic dimmers have this facility?

Sponsored Links
The Lutron Rania, I am not sure how it works, presumably some sort of and/or gate in the electronic wizardry, but is connected using a switched live & a permanent live & the varible o/p feeds the load so all that is needed is to drop a 3 wire down from the ceiling rose to the new position for the dimmer, with a live, switched live from the other switch & a return to the ceiling rose. I guess from your response that all electronic dimmers do not operate in this fashion.

Sponsored Links
ColJack said:
hmm so simple.. why has no one thought of it before...
Not sure but I think I know why I have never been asked to fit one before, my brother in law, who I fitted it for, told me today that it had cost him £80+ ( think he must have more money than sense)

i'm sure that the first rcd's would have been expensive too.. untill the idea caught on and everyone started making them..

I bet I could make one much cheaper ;)

Not that you'd install something you made in the garden shed, but thats beside the point :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back