EV are they worth it?

When this thread first started (being one for fence-siting on any subject that I'm not familiar with) I followed it in the hope of increasing my limited knowledge of the subject.

Now the thread has reached 20 pages it's more for amusement when reading the ebb/flow of opinions, denials, veiled insults & references to social media articles posted purely for financial gain :unsure:

Sponsored Links
When this thread first started (being one for fence-siting on any subject that I'm not familiar with) I followed it in the hope of increasing my limited knowledge of the subject.

Now the thread has reached 20 pages it's more for amusement when reading the ebb/flow of opinions, denials, veiled insults & references to social media articles posted purely for financial gain :unsure:

What is it you wanted to know?

The luton fire was very suspicious when the firemen claimed it wasn't an EV before investigation even got started. It's quite obvious now it was a hybrid. Even if the fire didn't start with the battery, once it spread to the battery, it's game over and impossible to put out.

More analysis:

Last edited:
The luton fire was very suspicious when the firemen claimed it wasn't an EV before investigation even got started. It's quite obvious now it was a hybrid. Even if the fire didn't start with the battery, once it spread to the battery, it's game over and impossible to put out.

I was wondering when the conspiracy theories would start to appear...

However, on this forum, I wasn't wondering at all, who would be first to start spreading them... ;)

Do yourself a favour. Don't listen to that guy. He's the living embodiment of the old saying that a lie can go round the world before the truth can even get its boots on.

Sponsored Links

More analysis:

So within 48 seconds into his video the guy has lost all credibility, he claims there's been a fire yesterday at Glasgow airport and someone has sent him the video and there's been a mysterial news ban. Yet a few seconds on Google shows it was a taxi fire that occurred on 21 September 2023 https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1815367/glasgow-airport-taxi-fire

Muppet!

So within 48 seconds into his video the guy has lost all credibility, he claims there's been a fire yesterday at Glasgow airport and someone has sent him the video and there's been a mysterial news ban. Yet a few seconds on Google shows it was a taxi fire that occurred on 21 September 2023 https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1815367/glasgow-airport-taxi-fire

Muppet!
China EV taxi? Getting the date wrong is nothing extraordinary. He has no way of verifying the exact details of stuff sent to him.

I don't believe china EV is more carp than others. But lithium batteries are definitely carp - going by mobile phone fires.

Last edited:
Getting the date wrong is nothing extraordinary. He has no way of verifying the exact details of stuff sent to him.
It is extraordinary for anyone with any credibility, it took me seconds to find out a simple claim he makes is simply not true, that guy is a joke. And so are you for believing it, you have no credibility either.

Last edited:
It is extraodniary for anyone with any credibilty, it took me seconds to find out a simple claim he makes is simply not true, that guy is a joke. And so are you for believing it, you have no credibility either.
Unlike you, I don't need credibility. I present unbeatable arguments.

EVs now make up 10% of sales globally. Norway is up to 80% of sales and China is at 22%.

If battery fires were a real issue we'd be seeing it by now. The move to Lithium Iron batteries make the newer ones even safer as they're much harder to ignite.

Muppet!

Indeed. The whole thing is supposition an innuendo. This is the sort of idiot who would get eaten for breakfast by a cross-examining lawyer, in any kind of inquiry. He absolutely doesn't understand how DPFs work, and (frankly) isn't even sure what spec of vehicle it is! Indeed some of them, have the DPF down, behind the left hand front wheel, (but he "forgot" to include that little snippet in his video, didn't he...? A genuine oversight, I'm sure...);)

1697197718904.png

The whole thing is riddled with inaccuracies and speculation, but you know what they say about being able to fool some of the people, some of the time, don't you? And of course, when some of those people already want to believe what he's peddling, he's knocking at an open door...

And, of course, you can see what's going to happen when the official report is published. If (like the Fremantle Highway), it is found not to have been an EV, you can see him and his deranged followers already revving-up to claim it was a "whitewash", a stitch-up", etc. The whole thing will get very "Trumpian"....

China EV taxi? Getting the date wrong is nothing extraordinary. He has no way of verifying the exact details of stuff sent to him.

No, you're right, he doesn't. So... anyone who believed him, whilst still knowing that, would be pretty stupid, wouldn't they...?

I don't believe china EV is more carp than others. But lithium batteries are definitely carp - going by mobile phone fires.

Ah... the old black Cab eh? I can remember their last recall for vehicle fires....

Oh! Hang on! That was the (purely diesel) TX4 wasn't it...?:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back