EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
What is it you wanted to know?
I appreciate your offer A, but reading the latest posts on this thread further reinforces my conviction that an un-bias view on this contentious subject is as unlikely as ever.

No offence intended to any pro/anti EV contributor.

My pleasure. Now you know diesel and lithium smoke is quite different.
..and diesel smoke, when you burn it in a box with rubber tyres on, that's full of plastics and covered in paint...

...is different again... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I appreciate your offer A, but reading the latest posts on this thread further reinforces my conviction that an un-bias view on this contentious subject is as unlikely as ever.

No offence intended to any pro/anti EV contributor.

Fair enough. The only way people will find out for sure, is by actually living with one for a while, of course. That said, a lot depends on the questions asked. If you ask objective questions, you're in with a better chance of getting objective answers. For what it's worth, I'll be doing a 400+ mile trip in an EV on Sunday and I'd be happy to give an honest account of it to anyone who might be interested. Naturally, if it doesn't result in at least 2 fires, 3 new batteries, £10k in charging costs and I arrive any time before about Wednesday lunchtime, there will be certain people on here who won't believe me, ;) but, there's not much I can do about that! However, I ought to mention that I don't really have any skin in this game. It's a company car, so it's not my money, either for purchase or depreciation, and I'm not paying the fueling costs either. I can go back to our MD next week and tell him it's not working out for me, and I'd rather have a diesel...

Or to put it another way, he posts lies and garbage.
He posted convincing evidence as I do. All you have is a "narrative". You believe repeating it 1000 times is all it took. It didn't work in ww2 and doesn't work now in ukraine. The distinction between diesel and lithium battery fire is irrefutable. Diesel produces a rich burn. Lithium burns slightly clean, but not cleaner than your gas stove.

He posted convincing evidence as I do. All you have is a "narrative". You believe repeating it 1000 times is all it took. It didn't work in ww2 and doesn't work now in ukraine. The distinction between diesel and lithium battery fire is irrefutable. Diesel produces a rich burn. Lithium burns slightly clean, but not cleaner than your gas stove.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

If you're setting fire to either a Diesel car or an EV and huffing the smoke you're doing it wrong and shouldn't really be giving any opinions on car choices. Or lifestyle choices.

If you're setting fire to either a Diesel car or an EV and huffing the smoke you're doing it wrong and shouldn't really be giving any opinions on car choices. Or lifestyle choices.
Nobody sets fire to their cars. EV's set fires to themselves. Here's one:

Sponsored Links
Back