Exposed internal stone walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to leave some of the internal stone walls of my barn conversion exposed. They are covered in dust and continue to dust. Hoe do i stop it or treat it? I dont want a finish that looks artificial.

Thanks
Wendy :)

Sponsored Links
Dammvippa.jpg

I started off with stone walls exposed in my house and as far as I know the above solution is inevitable. I ended up covering them. If the mortar is crumbling and thats causing the dust then repoint but they are a pain.

We've got stone walls built with a mud/clay-like mortar. Before pointing or plastering I spary them with diluted PVA. It certainly binds the loose bits together. I imagine it would work to reduce dust from exposed stone walls also.

Sponsored Links
I used thinned out polyurethane to seal some exposed brick work that was pretty dusty. It worked really well for the 7 years i was at the house. Obviously before applying the wall has to be completely hoovered and dust free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back