F4 ERROR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
I get the F4 error code, I switch off the power to the system in order to reset the code and the actuator makes a wurring noise as though it is moving, if I put my hand on it I can feel it moving.

After about 10 seconds the water flow stops and the F4 error returns, but the wurring noise from the Actuator continues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't afford a call out for a plumber and I work in IT, I know nothing about plumbing.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if the actuator is working the white lever on top of the actuator will move.
if the actuator motor is working but not moving then the spindle is seized.

if you mean the lever that moves from A (fill) to B (vent), yes it moves but doesn't stay in the B position, I can move it to B but it flicks back to A. if that makes sense.

If the spidle is seized, what do I do about that?

Thanks very much for your response.

if you place a flat screwdriver in the slot at base of the actuator and brass body you can lever the actuator off.
and check the spindle is free to move.
if the spindle is free replace the acuator with a new one.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have omitted to transfer the boiler details, now nobody knows what it is.

Oh. What kind of motorised valve gives F4 error codes?
:confused:

Clearly everyone is now totally confused about what this is all about.

It would help if Mods carefully considered all aspects involved before splitting posts.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back