Faulty Pump?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Here's the deal. My buddy, for "buddy" read "dimwit", needed his pump replacing in his boiler. I told him the pump that he needed and where to get it for a reasonable price. He duly went and got the pump and called on me on his way home to make sure it was the correct one. I confirmed that it was and tried to explain to him how it would be fitted. I removed the allen screws in order to show him that only the main body of the pump needed replacing. The pump casing was not for coming apart. I explained that this may have something to do with it being very cold cos he had been to the shop on his bike and carried the pump in his rucksack. I also explained that once it warmed up, a little gentle persuasion along the join with a flat driver would do the trick. As I left him alone with it he tried the old fashioned brute force approach. Needless to say, the pump came apart very suddenly and he failed to keep hold of it. It landed on my kitchen floor with a deathly thud and put a rather fetching crescent shaped tear in my new cushion floor!!! :mad: Lovely.
Fast forward 36hrs and I have just replaced the pump and it don't work. Would this drop have rendered the pump useless or is it likely that the pump was faulty anyway?
Also, when a pump fails, what is it that fails? Is it the mechanical or the electrical part

Cheers all

Peadee

Sponsored Links
The nature of the pump as the bearings fail or the rotor fails. Does it spin when you manually turn it?

Fast forward 36hrs and I have just replaced the pump and it don't work. Would this drop have rendered the pump useless

maybe/maybe not

or is it likely that the pump was faulty anyway?
unlikly if vou are talking about the new one
Also, when a pump fails, what is it that fails? Is it the mechanical or the electrical part

could be either

What was wrong with the original pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back