Ferroli 77FF start - stop!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Hi I have a Feroli 77FF boiler which has just started to play up. The boiler relay kicks in and starts the fan , on and off every 3 seconds - but does not fire up.

I can manage to start the boiler heating by switching all power off, and gas, then switching back on , re igniting pilot light and putting settings to constant heating/ hot water. Starts Ok until heating temerature has reached set level, or hot water is run. Then same again -every 3 seconds on and off!!

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks

rbtc67

Sponsored Links
For a fault like this you really need to be in front of the boiler to diagnose it.

Best call in an RGI. Could be guessing on here all night.

Thanks for the reply, I did think this was the answer.

So I did, he said it could possibly be the PCB cost approx 250 pounds, but may the the air pressure switch which he would try first!!! around 20 - 40 pounds!

Sorry meant to say, When the boiler is starting -stopping but not firing up, when I hit the plastic casing of the PCB it fired up OK.

Could this possibly be the contacts in the relay not making properly?

Sponsored Links
:D Just thought I would leu know, have fixed my boiler and all OK.

I found the manual of the boiler and checked the led status on the PCB, all status LED's operating OK. Then checked the air pressure switch also OK. Further tests found that relay 2's coil was not being energised. When switched manually heating and hot water OK.

Turned out to be a faulty board vmf6, replaced with vmf6.1PCB around 170 pounds, but all OK now :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back