Ferroli boilers - any good

Looks like I'm going against the flow here (no pun intended), but when I moved in I had a Ferroli Modena 80 E installed and apart from needing a new digital display thingy, it's worked fine, no problems, for several years now. They have excellent online documentation downloadable for their boilers too. My advice is to print out the docs for your boiler, then get a good plumber to fix/service it. Works for me!

Sponsored Links
Looks like I'm going against the flow here (no pun intended), but when I moved in I had a Ferroli Modena 80 E installed and apart from needing a new digital display thingy, it's worked fine, no problems, for several years now. They have excellent online documentation downloadable for their boilers too. My advice is to print out the docs for your boiler, then get a good plumber to fix/service it. Works for me!

jez you have hit the nail on the head
the modena and F24/F30 were reasonably good units i fitted several before we had to go to condensing boilers
the condensers on the other hand don't seem to be standing the test of time.

I had an Optimax 31 installed three years ago. It has broken down every winter. The help number is 0845 so it costs you a fortune, and you are always on the line for a good thirty minutes waiting a) for a reply and b) to book an appointment. In my experience, it takes up to a week for an engineer to arrive and then I have had to wait up to 7 weeks (yes SEVEN WEEKS) for the part to become available. Ferroli are completely unwilling to discuss this truly dreadful product. Once again, as the country is in the grip of snow and ice I am sitting in a house with no central heating and no hot water. Merry Christmas. Although the boiler is only 3 years old and I have 2 years warranty left I will be replacing this boiler this winter. I have had good reports about the Vaillant range - any comments?

Yep dealt with Ferroli unfortunately , boiler was a week old , took 25 calls to there service dept in an attempt to get it sorted , 3 or 4 service visits later never did work any sense took it out in the end , eventually got a refund !

Sponsored Links
Bag of ****e, wish I had never fitted them, should have stuck to Ideal Isars, not really had any problems with them.

Well I am service agent for both Vaillant an ferroli obviously Vaillant r premium brand they cost double the price,but ferroli are good for the price an optimax is a good unit .We attend both units next day round here an all parts r carried where possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back