Fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I was hoping somebody would be able to help me, as I have entered the minefield of gas fires!

I have removed an old-fashioned brick built fireplace and gas fire that sat on a hearth and revealed an opening of dimensions: 320mm width x 600mm height x 110 depth. This supplies a pre-cast flue of which I'm informed follows old regulations, as the house was built in 1985. I believe the regulations changed in 1986.

With a limestone fireplace surround with a backpanel of 70mm depth I believe I have the dimensions in the attached image to play with.

I am keen on an inset gas fire and have found the following: http://www.bfm-europe.com/data/downloads/B-131100-06.pdf

Do you think this is able to be fitted? If not can you recommend any other inset gas fires that may be able to fit.

I cannot fit a balanced flue fire due to the proximity of the neighbours property and am wary of a flueless fire.

Thanks.
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Although flavel say its 3 year g`tee it is only affectively a 1 year one as they as for a part to be fitted once a year which is a massive con as this part is not required and they void g`tee if no receipt for it

I have measured the circumference of the flue pipe in the attic and it's 480mm (or 150mm diameter) on the outside. The photo shows it entering the attic.

Sponsored Links
Get a brochure from your local stockist and ask for class two flue applications and look for business cards on their wall for a suitable guy ;)

Thanks for your help.

So am I right in thinking that I have a Class 2 Pre-cast flue? Will there be any limitations on what fire I can have based on the dimensions of my flue?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back