Fix the oil leak...

I

imamartian

There's a lot of knowledgeable folk on here.....so have any of you got any ideas of how to fix the current torrent of oil spewing into the sea?

What about a huge upside down funnel dropped over it and a pipe attached to pump away the oil?

Sponsored Links
There's a lot of knowledgeable folk on here.....so have any of you got any ideas of how to fix the current torrent of oil spewing into the sea?

What about a huge upside down funnel dropped over it and a pipe attached to pump away the oil?
Been tried, and failed

If they are that knowledgeable they would be in the gulf sorting it out.

Sponsored Links
how about turning the pump off that should stop it :)

it's a pipe that's ruptured right? surely they can cut it and cap it down there, it's not like they can ignite it underwater..

don't they install valves every 10 miles or so to stop this kind of thing? seems like a good idea now surely..

they've tried pumping it full of mud, didn't that work?

can they not drop a massive weight on it to crush the tube?

a large steel box with pipe and valve attatched that would weld on upstream of the leak, then close off??

If they are that knowledgeable they would be in the gulf sorting it out.

that's quite a bizarre response oomph.... i was kinda thinking of the recent responses on the flight ??447 post with suggestions about the black box recorder... lot's of clever ideas...

Been tried, and failed[/quote]

has it? like a house sized funnel? are you sure?[/quote]
An earlier attempt to place a containment dome over the leak was abandoned after the freezing temperatures and high underwater pressure caused a build up of mushy ice that blocked the funnel intended to carry the leaking oil to tankers on the surface of the sea.

Been tried, and failed

has it? like a house sized funnel? are you sure?[/quote]
An earlier attempt to place a containment dome over the leak was abandoned after the freezing temperatures and high underwater pressure caused a build up of mushy ice that blocked the funnel intended to carry the leaking oil to tankers on the surface of the sea.
[/quote]

ok, well i haven't seen whatever it is you quoted from.... at least shows my idea was half decent...

I think they have tried pretty much everything. There are some very clever people working over there trying to sort it.....no disrespect but I dont think any of us would be able to sort it

I think they have tried pretty much everything. There are some very clever people working over there trying to sort it.....no disrespect but I dont think any of us would be able to sort it

ok, let me make a subtle change.... let's brainstorm solutions....
Any ideas?

I'm sure the US will find a country where they can get it all back.
Obama has been down there himself and still ain't fixed, he's got a nobel prize so if he can't fix it no one can.

i think they should re-visit the funnel/dome thing idea.... they must be able to get round the temperature issue if we can weld underwater?

ok, let me make a subtle change.... let's brainstorm solutions....
Any ideas?

Sounds like the relief well is the only way they are going to stop it. There are 3 leaks in the pipe and the low off preventers failed.

Which ever way they go is going to be costly and take some time. They had a similar incident near Australia and they had to drill 10 extra relief wells before they could stop the flow

Sponsored Links
Back