Fix the oil leak...

I genuinely believe that there is technology out there, than can fix a problem, but 'them', don't bring it to 'us', because it would mean that 'them' lose out on taxes.

Not without breaking the laws of science there isn't. Blind faith is a blind alley.

This planet has been populated by the oil age. It's already in decline - and when its gone it's gone and the Earth will only support about 2 billion. By then the population will be about 20 billion.

Sponsored Links
I agree Lincs, I also understand that this wouldn't be a one-off, as I understand that there are far deeper wells, in harsher conditions, the North Sea for example. If they are struggling with this, what to do with a deeper one?

Wreck the seas, and the life in it? or go back to what we had before natural gas?

Slow burn coal, scrub it, to extract gas, as that is what the gasometers collected, we have an abundance of coal in this country, but since the Maggie years, most production stopped. So plenty coal available to produce gas, and plenty jobs could be created, just means converting all gas appliances back to use this resource. They did it once to convert over to natural gas.

I always say that to create jobs in the current climate is to uninvent something, maybe this is the catalyst for that?

Yes, its barmy, were an island built on coal. We should be using it, and reducing our dependance of foreign oil and gas and energy. I dont believe there isnt a way to clean burn coal!!

Also, JAmes Cameron, a leading expert on undersea filming (who can provide BP with a far better imaging system of whats going on than BP have managed so far), his offer to help was turned down by BP.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...L-SPILL-James-Camerons-view-BP-fix-fails.html

Its starting to look a bit like the Russians and the Kursk all over again............

Uh ho, Sarah Palin has come up with a new blame spin on it...........

The BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico was the fault of 'extreme environmentalists' who protested against oil companies drilling on land, Sarah Palin said today.

The former Alaskan governor said if campaigners weren't successful in prohibiting land based oil exploration in the U.S., companies like BP would not have to resort to deep-sea drilling and the oil spill disaster would never have happened.

Sponsored Links
Back