flue position on boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im guessing it depends on the boilers mi but ill ask anyway.

Im currently having a garage and bedroom above being built onto my house, its being built on the side and it set back 0.6m. either side of the garage door is a pillar approx 600mm wide. On the pillar that joins the house i want my boiler fitted there.

im guessing there will be an opening window approx 1m above the flue, the house wall to the side of the flue at approx 200mm, and the garage door will be approx 300mm the other side of the flue. Im not at a stage where i can get some gas fitters round as the walls have only just started to be built and im still planning on where to install parts in the garage(water tank, sink, washing machine etc.) any advice on this would be great, Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are talking about a new boiler install then you must have a minimum of 300mm from the flue termination to any opening in the fabric of the building.

Regs also state that you must have at least 600mm in front of the flue terminal and a facing boundary of your plot.

Any good RGI would be able to inspect now and read off plan to advise if the location you want for your boiler is suitable.

ok well that puts that position as a no no so it has got only one place to go. Cheers

I don't want to disagree with Dave because he is usually right on the money.

However, certain manufacturers sell Variable Termination Kits for flue outlets.

For instance, a Vaillant flue can be terminated 50mm from an opening window if their external VTK is used to route the outlet to a safer position. I know Dave knows this but probably assumed you knew.

Really you need to get two good RGIs round for advice and choose one. Don't design your heating on the internet, none of us can see your unique house from here!

Sponsored Links
Good point Simon, didn't think of these in relation to the OP.

As you say, really needs a site visit for proper advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back