Free Range Eggs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why are we still paying a premium for FR eggs while they are downgraded to Barn eggs?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've did some work on a couple of these so called "free range eggs" agri-buildings... giant industrial sheds, packed with hens, usually with an open area / courtyard between them and a few rollershutter doors dotted along the elevation facing the courtyard. The only hens which can actually "free range" are the ones closest to the doors, the others (majority of them) never leave the buildings.

Enjoy your free range eggs.

I went to sainsbury to buy some eggs. There was no trolleys anywhere. So I had to put all my eggs in one basket.

What measures are in place to ensure we get free-range eggs????

none.

bird flu disease in the wild bird population means that "free-range" flocks currently have to be kept indoors.

For a limited time they were allowed to maket the eggs as "free-range" but the indoor regime has now gone on too long to permit it.

my local farm likes to keep the chickens where punters can see them, scratching and running about outside.

But currently they are kept in the barn.

They had a "two boxes for the price of one" offer recently to clear excess stock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60820595

Sponsored Links
Back