Front door sensor playing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Galaxy 2-20 which has been fine other than the occasional battery needing replacing. However, the sensor over the front door - i.e. the one which ultimately sets / triggers the alarm - has started to not react when we come back into the house. So instead what happens is the remote sensor in the hallway spots us as we walk in and sets the whole alarm off. However, the alarm is setting OK when we go out, so obviously the sensor is working well enough for that. I've tried replacing the battery but it makes no difference. We don't have a service contract on the alarm so it would mean a call-out fee if we need to get an engineer in. I have the engineer code so am happy to do any user-service things myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
From what you say you have a 'sticky' contact, there is no fix for that other than replacement.

Sponsored Links
if it has the terminal connectors on the bottom (contact with input) you could wire in a normal door contact.

However we dont know where the fault is for certain so best to replace completley and to be fair they aren't mega bucks.

do a walk test and open and close the door.

does it walk test okay?

Thanks to everyone who answered.

No, it doesn't react at all during the walk test. Seems pretty apparent that it's dead.

So question number two - is it a simple job to replace the sensor? (I'm talking from the alarm settings perspective, not physically putting a new one on the door!).

Thanks

Chris

Hi.

Right, so the new door contact has arrived, but I'm still stuck as to how I actually tell the system that the old one is no longer in use and that I've added a new one. I've got the instalation and programming manual but it seems to have been written prior to wireless technology and doesn't appear to mention how to add or remove door contacts.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi.

Right, so the new door contact has arrived, but I'm still stuck as to how I actually tell the system that the old one is no longer in use and that I've added a new one. I've got the instalation and programming manual but it seems to have been written prior to wireless technology and doesn't appear to mention how to add or remove door contacts.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Err, how about a screwdriver? Perhaps because of there having been no further postings you have sorted out the problem <BG>

Cheers

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back