FUSE KEEPS BLOWN ON MY BAXI 80 /105 COMBI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI/GUYS NEED ADVICE I AM NOT A PLUMBER,BUT DONT WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF,GOT A BAXI 80/105 COMBI EVERY TIME YOU CALL FOR HOT WATER 2 AMP INTERAL FUSE GOSE BANG, BOILER WONT RUN WHEN YOU PUT IT TO HOT WATER AND RADIATORS , CANT GET A PLUMER FOR THREE DAYS

Sponsored Links
Probably pump blowing fuses try disconnecting live to pump & see if it carries on blowing fuses

BOILER WONT RUN WHEN YOU PUT IT TO HOT WATER AND RADIATORS

Turned the wall thermostat up?
If boiler then goes ok, look for water in HW microswitch. Don't know if that would blow a fuse though.

Turn power off, stick your head in and sniff - usually stinks of burning.

billyo said:
HI/GUYS NEED ADVICE I AM NOT A PLUMBER,BUT DONT WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF,GOT A BAXI 80/105 COMBI EVERY TIME YOU CALL FOR HOT WATER 2 AMP INTERAL FUSE GOSE BANG, BOILER WONT RUN WHEN YOU PUT IT TO HOT WATER AND RADIATORS , CANT GET A PLUMER FOR THREE DAYS

Would help if you turned you're caps lock off :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
hi, gas4you,
did as you said and took live wire of pump, this has stopped the fuse blown, panel ligths up green on water side when tap is running also red light at 60d, telling you pump has a fault .but if you put swicth on radiator and waterside just red ligth comes saying pump fualt, what next my knowledgeable friend.

best regards billyo

weareleeds and gas4you,
thanks guys for your anwers, if pump is cause of fuse blown,as looks likely what can i do to fix it. can pump be repaired or do i bin it, would rather fix it if poss.

best regards
billyo

Get yourself down to the big shed and buy a replace ment pump.

Close valves either side of pump, issolate electric, place towel around the floor and remove old pump, only a bit of water.

remove wires from old and wire new as per, fit new to existing pipework and open valves, now turn electric back on on try boiler.

Well done chief the misses gets a bath you both put on the glad rags and paint the town red, she`s now got a new and pleased hubby ;)

As your boiler is a 105e ANY pump will not do . What you need if it is the pump causing the fault is a Grundfos 15/60 pump and just change the head of pump as the body is special to that boiler. And you will not find valves either side either as clf-gas said. You turn off boiler isolating valves

Your right namsag,,,, I did`nt read the OP`s post properly. Was red misting at the time :mad:

Am calm now ;)

Nam-sag
thank you, i will be down plum-centre on monday.
clf-gas calm down and keep taking the tablets
every body who had an input to my problem slover a big thank you to you all, hope i can help you some time,

best regards billyo

namsag be -aware just been took for a mug down our local plumbcenter in barrow in furness when in and bough 15/60 pump as you suggestet got it home and it is a completely differant unit one on my boiler is a 15/60 TF95 one he sold me is a 15/60 130 with a swicth on it mine is 3 bar this one is 10 bar, so took it back to man at PLUMCENTER THATS PLUMCENTER, AND NASTY MAN WOULD NOT TAKE IT BACK AS HE SAID I TOOK IT OUT OF ITS BOX,i said well who an i suppose to test it he said he had heard it all before and would kindly leave his PLUMCENTER i presume he would not like me to tell other people that if you buy and then open the box you cant excheange goods so all you guys be aware of opening goods from PLUMCENTER. BILLYO HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF

billyo said:
namsag be -aware just been took for a mug down our local plumbcenter in barrow in furness when in and bough 15/60 pump as you suggestet got it home and it is a completely differant unit one on my boiler is a 15/60 TF95 one he sold me is a 15/60 130 with a swicth on it mine is 3 bar this one is 10 bar, so took it back to man at PLUMCENTER THATS PLUMCENTER, AND NASTY MAN WOULD NOT TAKE IT BACK AS HE SAID I TOOK IT OUT OF ITS BOX,i said well who an i suppose to test it he said he had heard it all before and would kindly leave his PLUMCENTER i presume he would not like me to tell other people that if you buy and then open the box you cant excheange goods so all you guys be aware of opening goods from PLUMCENTER. BILLYO HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF
:cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back