Gainsborough Energy 2000X Shower Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking for some guidance on an issue I currently have with my Gainsborough Energy 2000X Shower. The problem is that the I can turn the shower on and it will run as normal for around 30 seconds before it cuts out.

When the shower cuts out the the power and reduce temp light flash and then go off.

The isolator switch appears to trip as the light goes out and does not come back on for several minutes and then comes back on without intervention for another short period of time before going back off and following the same loop over.

To try and answer some possible questions:

• The shower has worked for well over a year and a half since we moved in.

The shower used to cut off now and again but over the last few month but now is almost immediate.

Nothing has changed on the shower and all appears to at least look OK with the wiring in the isolator switch wiring.

Anybody have any idea's before I have to fork out some money.

Thanks for any help at all,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a poor connection or faulty isolator, do you have a multi meter? If not you are really going to have to call someone in.

Wow!!!!
A whole year and a half from a Gainsborough?...That gotta be a record :LOL:
Seiousely ...I have not used Gainsboroughs for years as I found them of very poor quality...they were cheap to buy and landlords used to love them cuz the students never showered anyway:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back