Gas fire - pilot light problem

Indeed am gas safe, the the course I did it did not teach much fault finding, you don't need the super skills for this job, you learn and get the experience after each job, with advice and research will help. you have to start somewhere?

Thats the problem!

You think that its reasonable to charge a customer while you are learning!

We think that if you dont know what you are doing then you should be doing an apprenticeship for several years until you are competent to do repairs yourself.

Sponsored Links
Holty - ha ha ha, a wudnt need stinkin help anyways it sucks ur shyt , at least am not a nightmare 2 customers like u who will get a brain damage.

Its people who write like that that give the public the impression that all plumbers are badly educated!

Its people who write like that that give the public the impression that all plumbers are badly educated!
Well said.

Thank goodness some of us look at this forum and find that the exact opposite is often true ;)

Sponsored Links
Holty - ha ha ha, a wudnt need stinkin help anyways it sucks ur shyt , at least am not a nightmare 2 customers like u who will get a brain damage.

fair play .anyway pretty sure your mums gonna come in soon, to tuck you into bed. so na night. little one.

Thank goodness some of us look at this forum and find that the exact opposite is often true ;)

In a discussion in the closed gas engineers section of the forum where people were discussing their background recently, there was probably a higher percentage with degrees than in the general population.

monoxide62 - sure ding dong, not desperate for a job, doing really well my self sorry doing reeeaalllyy well.

agile - Thank a god customers are not like you, I don't know where you live but customers give people chance whether you got little experience or 100 years experience. there's no reason why you can't pick up experience and be competent after doing job especially when your full qualified and gas safe, some people learn the easy or hard way? you talkin about a apprenticeship course for several years, what planet are you on? people like you are disgrace to this society.

Not sure what you're getting at, but anyway, good luck with your career and fixing the fire.

As others have said, join the Combustion Chamber sub-forum if you're eligible, explain things clearly and in the best English you can manage, be nice to people, and you'll stand a good chance of getting all the help you need.

...the course I did it did not teach much fault finding... you learn and get the experience after each job, with advice and research will help. you have to start somewhere?
When the boiler at work was serviced recently, the older guy who was actually doing it had a younger man with him who was obviously learning. The best way of picking up the skills you require would surely be to find someone to "shadow". When I was at school, I spent a few hours a week with the school's audio-visual technician, and learned more about repairing old TVs and videos in a couple of years than I would have done in a lifetime if I'd just read about it in books or on the 'net.

adlplumbing - waaaaaaaaaaaaat? are u speaking english?

While I can understand the lady from Newcastle in the Archers, I do have to say that many people from that area are very difficult for me to understand.

For my work I have travelled widely in England, Wales and Scotland and for a few weeks in Northern Ireland ( where someone threw a stone at our forward control Landrover 789R ! ). But there are some people doing plumbing like Tomplumb whom I have great difficulty in following.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back