Gas main replacement question

Sponsored Links
and you dont by your suggestion that a main renewal programme would mean the changing from medium to low pressure . also it was me you tagged in your picture of main insertion not the OP

Sponsored Links
Bernard you actually spoke to cadent managers back in 2013 ? also you said first two cadent employees on sight of reported leak started digging exactly were you said . This is not what actually happens so i suggest you came along afterwards or heard word of mouth there were road diggers on site

showing your limited knowledge bernard of what supplies domestic premises medium and low pressure mains ,, lower doesnt come into it

Bernard you actually spoke to cadent managers back in 2013 ? also you said first two cadent employees on sight of reported leak started digging exactly were you said . This is not what actually happens so i suggest you came along afterwards or heard word of mouth there were road diggers on site
was it not later that Cadent were formed ? 2016/2017 maybe ? cant really remember, but didnt think they were Cadent in 2013, I worked for about 5 company names, and never changed jobs

This is not what actually happens so i suggest you came along afterwards or heard word of mouth there were road diggers on site

A short history of gas works in the village

Year 2103 was the medium pressure line was laid through the village along the High Street to the nearby Science Park,

upload_2019-6-9_16-43-47.png

October 2017 was when several gas mains were upgraded along the High Street and in a side road

upload_2019-6-9_16-52-36.png

after this work in October 2017 there were frequent and persistant reports that gas could be smelt

These reports and futile searches for the leak continued until January 2018

Contractors spent about three weeks sniffing and cutting core holes in the High Street

At this point a strongly worded complaint was sent to the CEO of Cadent, this included a suggestion as to where the leak was.

This was the diagram of our prediction of what had cause the leak

upload_2019-6-9_16-40-51.png

and this was our prediction of where the leak was.

upload_2019-6-9_17-2-45.png

Senior Cadent Management came to the village and spoke with us.

They arranged for Cadent engineers to come to the village to locate and repair the leak.
The engineers worked from 8 in the morning till almost 10 at night

The leak was less than 2 feet from where we had predicted it to be.

This was the joint being re-sealed about 9 o'clock at night

upload_2019-6-9_16-38-52.png

so you now have elaborated to bring into play 2017 so your telling me for 4 months no one phoned up the emergency number to report a smell of gas on high street not even a passerby . because i know exactly how it would have been dealt with and found that day and it would not have involved the original contractors in any way .

so you now have elaborated to bring into play 2017 so your telling me for 4 months no one phoned up the emergency number to report a smell of gas on high street not even a passerby . because i know exactly how it would have been dealt with and found that day and it would not have involved the original contractors in any way .
Cant understand why the didnt just call Benny boy instead of doing that "sniffing and cutting bore holes in the high street" Amatures really need to sort themselves out :LOL::LOL::LOL:

ian i used to tow a big jcb behind me just for these occasions ;)

i can just see him getting more frantic as he searches google for what actually gets done on the report of an outside gas leak

so your telling me for 4 months no one phoned up the emergency number to report a smell of gas on high street not even a passerby . because i know exactly how it would have been dealt with and found that day and it would not have involved the original contractors in any way

They came out on the first report and could not find the leak let alone repair it.

The continuing smell of gas and reports meant there were "gas engineers" (*) up and down the High Street for more than three weeks drilling holes in the road and sniffing for gas. We had a large core drilling machine in the High Street on two or three nights.

You might have been told how it should have been dealt with but on this occasion it was a long drawn out fiasco of incompetence and failure by the contractors.

(*) "engineers" who were later described by a Cadent manager as being numpties
i can just see him getting more frantic as he searches google for what actually gets done on the report of an outside gas leak

Why would I use a search engine when, at the time, I was talking with D---- H---- a member of the Cadent Executive Complaints Team who took charge of the incident.

Two of the many core holes drilled in the search for the leak.
upload_2019-6-9_22-30-49.png

Some of the dozens of sniffer holes and the excavated vent to prevent gas seeping through the stone wall of a building.

upload_2019-6-9_22-46-55.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back