Gas Meter earth bonding help

That would be the ideal set up for an installation with a CPC derived from the incoming Neutral
Surely an ideal set up for ANY installation - since TN-C-S installations do not have a monopoly on the possibility that the potential of the MET/CPCs may become dangerously different from the potential of true earth?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I am in the process of getting a Ohme home charger fitted and they have asked me to do an evaluation of the services to my home. They pointed out my external gas meter fitted 2 years ago is NOT bonded.
Given it was British Gas engineer that installed the meter, surely they should have bonded the gas meter?? He will have been a qualified sparky, so he was NOT following the Regs??

The metal pipe must be bonded where it enters the premises.

External meters do not require bonding.

External meters do not require bonding.
Well, not according to the installation company. EV chargers are a different story entirely, and the meter requires bonding, external or not. Maybe you are a bit behind with the Regs??

Sponsored Links
I dont think it makes any difference really. I suppose when they install the Ohme charger they will do it to spec.
I did have to be De-Looped from my neighbours power. But we both now have a 3-phase supply. Cant do anything with it really. We need a smart meter for 3 phase. It would be nice...lol.

From the On Site Guide:

Attachments

• A34EEFE6-54A2-4011-827F-5CE308DF5622.jpeg
    A34EEFE6-54A2-4011-827F-5CE308DF5622.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 26
There are many mistakes in it.

Plus, it usually gives the worst case scenario to cover all eventualities for those who know no better.

For example:

1702645456288.png

Just not true. Plenty more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back