Gas Meter earth bonding help

Sponsored Links
I've had so arguments with wannabe sparks over the minimum size of tails - I'm adamant that it depends on the size of the DNO fuse - they say it has to be 25mm

This type of "C2" is popular on dodgy EICR's - I suspect they review using the OSG which isn't a great idea.

And don't get me going on the equipotential bonding sizes in the OSG for TT installations

Then he shouldn't. Gas regs say they should advise the customer to seek the advice of a competent person.

I've seen "fail" reports from GSR's for the annual gas safe reports.

And I've told one or 2 GSR's to leave sparking to sparks

It would be if there is none visible, it can't be a pass. Nevertheless, the advice should still be the same.

Sponsored Links
What the regs say in the 18th Ed AMD 2

So I was correct
No, you are misreading it.

1702658076258.png

And I've told one or 2 GSR's to leave sparking to sparks
They’re not a pass fail unless using a different form, just whether it’s there or not

Well I'm so p155ed off with the various inspectors error reports in rental properties I now have mine bonded both sides of the meter and yes that does raise comments.
There are no insulating sections in the metal supply pipes.

One thing that really p155ed me off was a gas fitter removing the bond, cutting a Tee into the copper immediately adjacent to the elbow in the union (IE impossible to bond before the first branch). Then telling me he couldn't refit the clamp and when I refitted it at the original position, failed it as not before the first branch

Last edited:
I've had so arguments with wannabe sparks over the minimum size of tails - I'm adamant that it depends on the size of the DNO fuse
Justifiably adamant.
- they say it has to be 25mm
It does, but only if its a 100A fuse. I recently had the fuse in a property 'upgraded' from 60A to 100A, but they would not do it until the 16mm² tails were replace with 25mm² ones.

I've had so arguments with wannabe sparks over the minimum size of tails - I'm adamant that it depends on the size of the DNO fuse
Of course it does.

Was watching a video from residual current a while back where he was increasing the tails to150mm² in preperation for a DNO fuse upgrade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back