gas pipe in stub wall battened off

Sponsored Links
Provided the cavity in which a leak of gas could cause an explosive mixture is small enough that the energy from that volume of explosive gas is small enough to not do serious damage then the possibility of a leak into that cavity seems to be acceptable.

Thanks for your opinion Dan. Can I pass on on to the Fire Prevention Officer ( retired ) who told me that explosive mixtures in very small cavitities while very un-welcome were a reality in life due to pin hole leaks in low quality copper tubing, leaking joints ( solder and compression ) leaking taps and valves. And occasionally pipes damaged by nails or screws. Of course the small explosive cavity has to have a source of ignition so they very seldom actually explode.

Pass on what you like, It won't make your contributions here any more valid.

They are certainly of no use to the OP, in fact they are most unhelpful.

I have an explosive mixture in a small cavity - I'm glad it won't explode(y)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice Dan, start a course in october is 4 week full time at college spread out over 6 months. Then 2 weeks acs. Anyone no how many jobs il need for my portfolio?

Have re battened tighter and witha back batten is the socke tv being 5 1/2 inches from the gas pipe a concern as it should be 6 inch in the regs

Thanks Can I ask why it is a distance of 150mm apart they say is needed? Is it due to a leak or something else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back