Getting somewhere with boiler smell!

Sponsored Links
Do you have a Dug BR? Miele not cheap machines!!!
Got to ask; why's there a bowl below the boiler? In fact, why is there a large chopping board & towel??

What's a Dug BR?

Miele not cheap BUT both washer and dryer are 10 years old nothing ever gone wrong yet. I take the covers off and clean them every 2 or 3 years. Wouldn't buy anything else.

Bowl is because this bag of bolts boiler has dripped for about 3 years. Eventually sump was changed. This is a design fault well known now. The seal onto the condensate drain is crap as well so I leave cat litter tray there for good luck!

Large chopping board is a sheet of ply on a towel to protect the iroko worktop from service engineers who don't care!

Pullergas not to drag it out but how do you suspect I have a dog from that picture

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Right Tony the masking tape has worked! No smell when the boiler went off this afternoon. So obviously the boiler casing seal is passing so this is good knowledge.

Thanks

So is the masking tape still in place and effectively cures the problem for you?

Did you contact the manufacturers for a fix? Did they attend?

Tony

Took tape off again Tony. The smell came back but it's intermittent again. Last time was 3 days ago.

Manufacturers won't speak to me.

The smell comes from the top of the fan around the plastic motor housing and it's a burning plastic smell so I'm going to ask for a replacement fan to be tried. There is also a gas smell with it so will ask for the gas valve to be replaced also.

Service company said they can try new parts and if it doesn't improve refit the original.

Thanks

Why you continue to post is beyond me. Besides the fact you like the attention the abuse brings and Tony's brilliant ideas with masking tape.........
Here's a solution for ye. Buy a fookin airfreshner and keep it topped up one of those airwick ones that sprays the room, it'll cost u about 3 quid. Give me strength.

Why not refit the masking tape and forget all about it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back