Glow Worm 18R mind of its own

Sponsored Links
Well in the fine Glowworm/Vaillant tradition of making a pigs ear of their manuals it appears you can wire boiler this with a simple LNE and Switched Live configuration but each manual (from the several model names this boiler comes under...Vaillant Home, Ecofit Pure etc) chooses to describe or not describe the setup differently.
I'd be contacting Glowworm tech for clarification as this could result in a voided warranty...why do Glowworm mention and show the pump connection in the pcb diagram but the Vaillant manuals not do so?

why do Glowworm mention and show the pump connection in the pcb diagram but the Vaillant manuals not do so?

I must have been aware of the pump connections, when I installed my Vaillant, because I added the extra pump wiring before the boiler was fitted.

Sponsored Links
You can do the same with Vailliant version. Vailliant also have a kit available. Warranty is still valid if just 3 wire for either Vailliant or Glowworm using the Ali hex. Stainless ones have to have pump overrun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back