Gloworm economy plus 50B (GC 41 31903 questions and clock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought a house with one of these (ancient?) boilers circa 1995. It has a Sangamo clock seperately attached. This clock is faulty and hence my boiler doesn't come on or off when i want.

Can i fit another clock easily?

This clock has wiring to the boiler, the mains power and to a switch which means i can shut off the boiler completely.

Also this boiler doesn't seem to have controls like a new combi boiler switches for hot water and/or central heating. So all summer we have been using an immersion heating system which some how is connected to the boiler/water system and has a big tank in the loft.

Help - i'd like to get the clock working but i'd also like to know if i can have the water and central heating separately.

Thankyou,

Carl[/img]

Sponsored Links
Yes you can fit a new timer easily.

If the system is fully pumped with a 3 port zone valve or 2 2 port valves then you can control dhw and ch seperatley.

This boiler does not have the same controls as a combi because it is a heat only boiler.

Is there a way i can tell if it has the 3 port zone valve or 2 2 port valves?

Sponsored Links
Look in the airing cupboard for a square box type valve with 3 pipes on it or 2 boxes with 2 pipes on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back