Glowworm swiftflow 100 No heat/HW

All 3 are in series when you test for continuity you put an ohm meter across the two pins (preferably one that beeps). This can be done while the boiler is running or with no power applied.

It is possible that both are open circuit but unlikely. More likely you are not geting a good contact with your probes. Clip leed across both momentarily to see what happens, if boiler fires you've found it is one of those two, then remove one clip leed.

If the aps proves to be the problem it may not be, it may be fan or sensing tubes in need of a clean.

Man at Swiftflow is probably feding you enough info to get you off the line because of your level of questioning, he doesn't want to have to teach you so much.

It is quite possible that it is neither the aps or the high lmit stat but the gas valve or the pcb, you have to keep an open mind for a lot longer to get the real culprit.

APS failure tends to be intermittent in the first instance. Tap aps to prove an intermitent fault with it, definately invest in one of it sometimes works after a tap, sometimes works without a tap sometimes doesn't work at all. Sense tubes blocked is more likely in first instance, aps behaving corrctly for the information fed to it.

Sponsored Links
It is quite possible that it is neither the aps or the high lmit stat but the gas valve or the pcb, you have to keep an open mind for a lot longer to get the real culprit.

This is a PCB fault. Quite uncommon on this boiler, but I had the same scenario yesyerday. G/Worm tech could not work out the 24v at the Gas vlv but said 'gotta be pcb mate'. He was right.

Replace it.

David

BE CAREFUL...these boards hold current

When u are replecing the main pcb be aware that the new board for this model also replaces the mini pcb at the left hand side of the box .

Last one I had was a 75 it wasn't sending anything to the gas valve so I knew it was the pcb, sent it down to Raden he found something amis job was a goodun.

Sponsored Links
Update- DHW high limit cut out and the A.P.S have been changed and there is now continuity across them(there wasn't before).However,the boiler is stil doing the exact same thing.There is virtually no voltage at all across the gas valve so my thoughts are now turned to the gas valve or PCB being faulty.

You still haven't eliminated the hi limit stat...

when you test for continuity you put an ohm meter across the two pins (preferably one that beeps). This can be done while the boiler is running
CAREFUL!!!
If you don't have a closed switch, you could be putting the mains across your continuity meter which could destroy it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back