Golf!

Sponsored Links
How long have you been playing? i only started last year as i saw that for 12 years and younger it was only £10 for a year at the course and couldnt miss it!! i have just been practising myself and with my dad and roughcaster (granda)! As im now 12 my fee has went upto £30 a year which is not bad!! what kind of clubs do you have??? :D

on and off about 20 years now,and im still er rubbish.
been a member at my local track 2 years now but play in a society there for the last 15 odd years.ive got my eldest boy membership there aswell,he is 16 he has been playing nearly 2 years now and CAME VERY CLOSE to beating me a few months ago(git).cor i wish those prices were like that down my way for my boy its around £150 a year,for me £575 and this is for a 9 hole course.
i would suggest if funds allow get yourself some lessons,that way no bad habits will be passed onto you through any ill conceived coaching.

as for clubs this is something that through time and luck you find either at boot fairs or ebay OR if your really lucky presents.

my irons are Adams evolution 2 regular steel shaft.
ive recently bought a Taylor made r11 driver
i also have a 7 wood,a 5 hybrid and a rescue
and 3 extra wedges 64 degree,60 and a utility wedge.
titlist Scotty futura putter,now i do recommend finding a good 1 that feels right for you.

but remember your only allowed 14 clubs in your bag in comps.
if you enjoy it then keep it up,and for those prices YOU would be silly not to.
how much do your dad/granddad pay in fees.

oh and also check out that forum,its a wealth of info etc

Sponsored Links
My Dad is £493 a year and my granda (roughcaster) is £453 a year!! that is an 18 hole course! That quite alot for a 9 hole course!! we have a 9 hole course just up from the 18 holer and its £10 for 1 round!! As my dad says it depends how much time you have to go golfing as he doesnt have a membership as he only has a few hours at night to go out so he just pay's and play! neither does roughcaster as he only has a few hours at night to go out aswell! At night my dad and granda can get on to the practise area for free and you only have to pay if you're playing the holes I am getting lessons after christmas from the professinal :D I got a set of wilson deep reds for my birthday! i love them but have hardly had a chance to play with them as i only got them in October But i will get a proper chance to use them after christmas when all the snow and winter tee, greens etc,,! I havnt bet my dad yet but am not far from it! ;) !! whats the name of the course you play at?? :D

My Dad is £493 a year and my granda (roughcaster) is £453 a year!! that is an 18 hole course! That quite alot for a 9 hole course!! we have a 9 hole course just up from the 18 holer and its £10 for 1 round!! As my dad says it depends how much time you have to go golfing as he doesnt have a membership as he only has a few hours at night to go out so he just pay's and play! neither does roughcaster as he only has a few hours at night to go out aswell! At night my dad and granda can get on to the practise area for free and you only have to pay if you're playing the holes I am getting lessons after christmas from the professinal :D I got a set of wilson deep reds for my birthday! i love them but have hardly had a chance to play with them as i only got them in October But i will get a proper chance to use them after christmas when all the snow and winter tee, greens etc,,! I havnt bet my dad yet but am not far from it! ;) !! whats the name of the course you play at?? :D

wow thats looks rather testing. :eek:
yes i have had various lessons over the years,especially when im in a rut and nothing i do can get me out of it.
tis all in the head,once you lose confidence in golf then your whole game suffers.
the trouble with my course as its a pay and play,its never shut so it does get a lot of abuse,and with all the water hazards does get very wet under foot.
saying that its very non posh,i can finish work covered in plaster dust or what ever and can go and play like that if i want.the only time you have to be in strides and shirt are club comps etc.unlike a few of the others round my town,on 1 i got a telling off for have a collared golfing shirt not tucked in. :rolleyes:

wow thats looks rather testing. :eek:
yes i have had various lessons over the years,especially when im in a rut and nothing i do can get me out of it.
tis all in the head,once you lose confidence in golf then your whole game suffers.
the trouble with my course as its a pay and play,its never shut so it does get a lot of abuse,and with all the water hazards does get very wet under foot.
saying that its very non posh,i can finish work covered in plaster dust or what ever and can go and play like that if i want.the only time you have to be in strides and shirt are club comps etc.unlike a few of the others round my town,on 1 i got a telling off for have a collared golfing shirt not tucked in. :rolleyes:

Theres 36 holes as there is 2 course at Moray Golf Course! i am not allowwed on the old course (championship course) its the new one i play on and it is quite challanging!! but its always good to get a challange ;) In moray we can play in whatever we want as long its not football t-shirts! i go in a polo shirt and hopfully golfing trousers providing i get them for christmas! :D Golf Courses are very strict on clothing etc,,!!

very nice indeedy,
what sort of scores are you posting.
why arnt you allowed to play the old course,is it because your a junior or is it only for members?

I usally get bogeys or double bogeys! The odd par now and again! Its because only adults can play on it or kids with a handicap of 16 or under!! I am a member so i can hgt off with playing on it if i go with another adult (member) :)

Hi Gregers,, yep, as Youngroughcaster said, we only really play for fun if we have a few hours to spare in the evenings. I'm not a golfer really but i do enjoy the odd game with Youngrough and his dad, (my son). Moray Golf Club has been around for many years, and one of it's former members was the first Labour Prime Minister, Ramsey MacDonald, was born just around the corner from where we live. I have no golf clubs at all, so i borrow my son's. The fresh air does you good especially young kids, far better than sitting on the couch. Merry Christmas to you and yours Gregers.

rough,
if you enjoy spoiling a good walk then i do suggest investing in some decent clubs for yourself.your get more out of the game which in turn brings more enjoyment all round. :D

youngen,
YOUR GOAL IS TO BREAK 100 MY YOUNG FRIEND,do that on a regular basis and your score will drop quite quickly.
if your like my boy you will have a natural swing that most adult golfers would die for,use it get lessons enhance your golf and buy your dad a nice pad in florida with your winnings. :LOL:

my 1st ever round of golf was at leeds castle in kent,9 hole course lovely scenery.i shot 128 lol.got the bug from then on and wether i play good or bad i enjoy it,even better when your playing well.
and so far my best round at my course has been 37.

this course was the 1st i broke 100,seaford head golf course.
http://www.seafordheadgolfcourse.co.uk/index.html
i went round in 84 couple of years ago,even my bad shots were good.

the 18th has got to be 1 of the best golf holes around.

merry chrimbo to the both of you and your families.

Sponsored Links
Back