Guardtec800

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have an old guardtec 800 system and want to add another wired PIR in the garage to protect the garage from entry via the garage door

There is already a pir in the utility’s room on the back of the garage that protects the back door entrance

can I just wire in parallel the new senior (12v ground and the two channel connections alarm etc) with the original pir connections and then repower the system so it recognises a new zone

any advise welcome

TIA

Sponsored Links
You can but it’s not a good idea to have 2 on the same zone ….are there any spare zones ? How is it wired normal or EOL ( resistors )

Hi thanks for the quick reply

just checked and no resistors

just these connections

Red on 12v
Black on 0
Yellow on alarm and blue on tamper

would post a pic but don’t know how

thanks Al

Pic of original pir connection

Attachments

• 63D894E8-B3AF-4F02-8A0C-72D64564EF74.jpeg
    63D894E8-B3AF-4F02-8A0C-72D64564EF74.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
Another pic

Attachments

• 238D5B97-AA65-4E83-ADE6-2318F10D5DE4.jpeg
    238D5B97-AA65-4E83-ADE6-2318F10D5DE4.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 64
Also check control box and there is a spare zone but being a wired system the garage is the furthest point from the box and a cable run is very difficult at best

I know having two pirs in one zone is not the best but can it be done so you have two pirs on one zone please?

MTIA

Best wishes Al

Last edited:
It is resistor based ( that pir has built in resistors ) ….good point you can run from that pir and use the green and white for a separate zone …..bad point ….do you know how to do this ?

That’s a good idea using the spare wires inside the original pir for the alarm side of things to save my a cable run direct back to the control box

I guess for the the green and white wire in the photo I just need to find these at the control box end as they should not be terminated and this should be simple as I can join / twist them together at the pir end and then using a meter find the two unterminated green and white wires at the control box end that give continuity when tested

Then I presume I can connect in parrellel the black and red to the new pir to give it power and then connect the current unused green and white for the alarm side to the pir and then for the other ends terminate them on zone six in the Control box?

does that make sense

thanks Al

Last edited:
Find the cable in the control panel , twist the green and white in the pir and check it’s ok ,So run the cable to existing pir , join the green and whites together and put the red and black in with the red and black , either use a detector with in built resistors or fit some in the new detector ….a picture of the control panel pcb would be useful as the zone may be programmed as not used ! In this case you would need the engineer code ….if you don’t have it , it may be engineer locked !

Ok before I do all the wire work i guess i need to see i I can actually first get in to the system to check it is not “locked” as I guess if it is I am stuck

any advise on how to do this please as if I can get in I just then need to add a zone

thanks Al

Found this too in the programming manual so look like if needed I can reset the system if locked

This is how to reset the system

Attachments

• 0900D702-4AF1-4100-B5E1-1DDC19569D90.jpeg
    0900D702-4AF1-4100-B5E1-1DDC19569D90.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 66
Not sure what you mean by check pcb

is there a jumper connector or switch that enables / disables the engineering code and if there is what am I looking for please

best wishes Al

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back