Guardtec800

Ps seems that some installer let “lock” the system and the only redress is returning the pcb for a factory reset ?

best wishes Al

Sponsored Links
Point is ….if the pcb has a resistor in the spare zone …then it may be worth wiring in the extra detector ….if not then it’s the risk of doing a code reset …

Hi

ok check pcb and no resistor for zone 6 just two spare terminals

I suppose if I try a reset and it works that resets the the whole system and not just the engineer code so I would need to / learn to reprogram all the system for scratch?

just going back to the original idea of two pir wired in parrellel what is the issue

I guess you lost the tamper protection and the alarm signal as both would need to be active to trip the alarm

so maybe if the pcb route is at the moment not a option could you run the pir detection signal output to two small relays and then the zone signal throug the relay contacts as the both pirs output to the main board are sepearted via the relays but the trip signal can be activated via either pir via its own relay breaking the trip signal

not ideal but would it work?

Best wishes Al

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry for all the questions

just had another thought

trying to protect the garage from intruders forcing the garage roller door open as the rear entrance is cover by the original pir

Could I just fit a simple magnetic Reed type switch to the base of the door that is NC when the door is shut and then wire the switch in series with the yellow pir alarm wire so if the garage switch is broken it breaks the yellow wire signal back to the control box

Attachments

• E87DFB6B-E090-4667-8367-DD79D065815E.jpeg
    E87DFB6B-E090-4667-8367-DD79D065815E.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 46
I would try the 1. 9. Yes no ….first ….DO NOT try the other reset options ..you may need someone else to power up the panel depending on the keypad location …

Thanks for the advice and warning about only using only 1 9 yes no code

I take it this ONLY resets the codes to default 5678 and does not reset the complete system back to factory default that will then require a complete set up from scratch

Also now found the correct green and white wires for the extra pir back at the panel so plan is to now fit and connect the extra pir to my unused zone 6 and then once that is done take a breather and try and sort a way round my missing engineers code so I can add the extra zone correctly

Will let you all know how it goes

many thanks so far

best wishes Al

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back