Gurkha sent back to UK after beheading dead Taliban fighter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Keep it sterile this time gents... we don't want to offend Mod 7 eh? :rolleyes:

So instead of just locking the thread with an excuse of:
This thread is likely to offend other users and is now closed.
I think we'd all like to hear your actual reasons for locking.

Sponsored Links
Did you get chance to post your own view on the subject before it was locked Blas?

Sponsored Links
My view was expressed by most posters matey. I have no problem with what goes on in the field of battle. If you don't agree and/or find the acts unsavoury then remove yourself from the field of battle.

Live by the sword.... etc etc.

I didnt realise that diynot was that big in afganistan that the topic would upset people :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As it was locked immediately after the 'the only good Taliban etc. etc.' comment was posted, are we to assume that Mod 7 was concerned that it might offend a Taliban supporter on this forum?

before the jingoistic effect kicks in.... the reason, i believe, the original thread was locked is because 'flippineck' posted "the only good taliban is a dead talban"..slight;y extreme views... lets support the boys abroad, and let the petriotism flow, but let's be realistic about the obscenity of death!!

Gentlemen, I'm big and bad enough to fight my own battles. Lets get back on track and wait for Mod 7 to provide his reasons.

In fairness, a heated debate which at times slipped into inciting acts of violence and ridiculed complete belief structures was always likely to have a limited life expectancy. I know that I started to withdraw from the battlefield since it was clearly coming to an end.

My view was expressed by most posters matey. I have no problem with what goes on in the field of battle. If you don't agree and/or find the acts unsavoury then remove yourself from the field of battle.

Live by the sword.... etc etc.
Agreed Blas. Not quite so sure about the 'matey' bit though :eek:

I didn't mean it like that. It's just a bit unusual to call a female 'matey' that's all :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back