Gurkha sent back to UK after beheading dead Taliban fighter

As I understand it, when a Ghurka draws his knife, then it must be used, like the Samuri, or Kamikazi had a similar deal, I believe?

The guy was told that positive ID must be provided, didn't have the means to post a picture on fb back to hq, and didn't have the means to drag a body back to base, so in the heat of the moment..under fire etc..and he'd drawn his knife?

ANY culture doesn't want a body buried without all the body parts intact, that's why people don't sign up for donor cards, so to make that a 'Muslim' thing is wrong, it's generically accepted, there was a big issue at Alder Hey hospital recently about internal organs being removed from bodies.

So don't politicise it, don't religionise it, it's a common thread in any society, not the done thing, but I didn't hear anywhere that the body part wouldn't be returned for a proper funeral.

He wasn't killed by being beheaded, the body part was never not going to be returned for burial, just a macabre way to prove ID, as the guy was going on his orders and his beliefs.

If it happened the other way round, sure I'd be shocked, one of our own, but I'm equally shocked that someone did this.

Was it the Taliban that beheaded that bloke from Liverpool on live TV? When he was alive?

Must watch Rourkes Drift again..WAR is ugly, and we are there for why? Opium. Why were we in Iraq? Oil, the list goes on..

Sponsored Links
It's about time our troops were allowed to take the gloves off if the pimply ar5ed t**t in Whitehall wont allow that, then bring our troops home. Allow them to win or don't waste another young life in that far off 5hit hole.

You can't beat an ideology with military force. Every dead Taliban has brothers and cousins who then convert to 'the cause'. Besides, it's Pakistan that is the epicentre - so why don't we sort that place out?

Better still, forget about playing the role of 'Global Police Force' and accept that we are a tiny bankrupt island taking orders from Europe.

We need to get our boys back here and stop egging them on to do these crimes that are talked about on here so happilly, how can we say we support the side of freedom and justice when we talk about beheading in such a way.
We'd better get outta there before more die, the army is looking for an exit strategy but can't find one. These people have been fighting for decades and are the toughest warring nation on earth.
They even get a " dedicated to the kind and brave people of AFGHANISTAN " listing in the rambo 3 movie at the end credits.

FFS, they were our hero's when they were doing it to the russians, and now they have us their old friends to kill.
Lets get out while the damage is limited.
This says it all. :rolleyes:

""Having US Rangers and British SAS men fighting alongside the Afghans is not a recipe for stopping the Taliban, but it may well give Nato enough respite to pull out in good order”"
End Quote
John Simpson

I think Afghanistan should be developed so that its resources can be exploited. It has vast amounts minerals and metals ready to be mined for the world.
All the TB's want to do is terrorise the locals into producing tons of opium to buy weapons, and to develop more sophisticated ways of attacking the world.
The only problem is how do you tame medieval bands of warriors into one unit. I doubt if it can be done.

Sponsored Links
I think Afghanistan should be developed so that its resources can be exploited. It has vast amounts minerals and metals ready to be mined for the world.
All the TB's want to do is terrorise the locals into producing tons of opium to buy weapons, and to develop more sophisticated ways of attacking the world.
The only problem is how do you tame medieval bands of warriors into one unit. I doubt if it can be done.

you don't..

they've already got the experts on the job that know exacty what to do..

wipe out most of the indigenous population and take over all the land, then placate the small minority remaining by giving them back small isolated pockets of the land as reservations for their people to live on.

that's what the americans did with the native americans..

We need to get our boys back here and stop egging them on to do these crimes that are talked about on here so happilly, how can we say we support the side of freedom and justice when we talk about beheading in such a way.
We'd better get outta there before more die, the army is looking for an exit strategy but can't find one. These people have been fighting for decades and are the toughest warring nation on earth.
They even get a " dedicated to the kind and brave people of AFGHANISTAN " listing in the rambo 3 movie at the end credits.

FFS, they were our hero's when they were doing it to the russians, and now they have us their old friends to kill.
Lets get out while the damage is limited.
This says it all. :rolleyes:

""Having US Rangers and British SAS men fighting alongside the Afghans is not a recipe for stopping the Taliban, but it may well give Nato enough respite to pull out in good order”"
End Quote
John Simpson
"Ummmmmm ............. (drool) ........... Pork Chops ....ummmmmmm
End Quote
Homer Simpson

"Watch that f*cker.....He'll have someones eye out"

King Harold.

(no connection whatsoever)... :LOL:

:oops: 'cos I'm a woman and we like to go on, and on, and on ........... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back