Gurkha sent back to UK after beheading dead Taliban fighter

Sponsored Links
I, for one wholeheartedly agree with you both on this.
It seems the moderators are now pandering to the minority on here. Probably been told to obey the rules of Political Correctness.
Anything that might offend non Christians and indigenous people in this country should be stopped.
If Mod 7 stopped and thought for a moment and read the posts and looked at the photo's posted on the locked thread, I'm sure he/she would find things that are offensive to British people just as much as things that are offensive to immigrants.
Note to Mod 7, lighten up a bit mate/dear, I think you have been reading the Guardian far too much. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

and don't you think it time that we knew who the mods were...they should be accountable for their actions... surely!!!

Sponsored Links
I believe that there was a Mrs Matey in the Matey bubble bath range as well as Mr Matey..

and don't you think it time that we knew who the mods were...they should be accountable for their actions... surely!!!

The problem with that martian is you then 'look at' the member differently in there 'normal' guise.
You can't help it.

You're just waiting for him/her (not many 'her's' on here though), to lock the thread or you ask them to lock threads, delete threads etc etc.

Now you know that ain't going to happen.

It would be of some value to be able to register some kind of protest which was felt to be considered to be looked into, after all Mods make mistakes too.

The impression I get on here is that admin rarely gets too involved, which is a pity as it's up to him who represents the site on his behalf.

surely the admin decides who is and isn't a mod and can drop kick one any time the whimsy takes him / her..

if you make a complaint about a mod to the admin then I'm sure that they look into it..

if we knew who mods were then we'd always be pestering them or watching every little thing they do, meaning they'd have no chance at a normal interaction on here..

I think the chances of actually getting an explanation from Mod 7 are somewhere between extremely remote and ...................... ZERO

You should be on first name terms with them. You demand they lock more threads than everyone else in the forum combined. :rolleyes:

Other counties are dealing with the problem - why not the UK?

"The EU has called on Germany to abolish its practice of deporting asylum seekers caught with illegal identification within 24 hours. It has also demanded that Germany provide would-be asylum seekers with welfare while their applications are processed. However, Mr Schröder said the proposals threatened to turn Germany into a "magnet" for asylum seekers.

Meanwhile, in the Netherlands, Geert Wilders the controversial anti-Muslim MP, has unveiled plans to form an international western alliance committed to banning immigration from Islamic countries."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...anish-plan-to-cut-immigrants-pay-2029774.html

Don't know if anyone else saw my post about the thread being locked. It was deleted very quickly!

In it I wanted to know why if it was deleted on the grounds that "It might offend"

I then asked who it might offend. I guess Mod 7 could not answer so just deleted it. I complained to admin even as I was so annoyed, but given others comments on contacting admin I guess I will never hear a thing.

OK, let's all forget about Mod7. The chances of him answering the question are nil. Let's also forget about Admin, the chances of him getting involved are also nil. Mod7 doesn't want to defend his position. Admin can't be bothered to get involved.

So lets try and get back to the original debate... that's the debate that Mod7 decided he'd lock because it might offend SOMEONE! Who? Nobody knows!

If you recall the original thread started out with one specific point, 'what are your views on the highlighted section.... 'He is understood to have removed the man’s head from the area, leaving the rest of his body on the battlefield. This is considered a gross insult to the Muslims of Afghanistan, who bury the entire body of their dead even if parts have to be retrieved.'

I think that line of discussion has probably been exhausted so I'd like to explore then your views on was/is the military/government right in their actions toward this soldier? And further, do you believe a soldier with a capacity to carry out such acts would incite more fear and/or anger in the Taliban than a regular UK/USA solider? If so, what could be the outcome of that fear/anger?

Try not to post anything that might upset Mod7 this time. I know that covers a wide spectrum of the debate but let's at least try and keep him quiet!

PS I hope you get some kind of response from Admin Johnmelad..... if you do, I'd put the lottery on on Wednesday, you're luck is obviously in!

What I find most disappointing, is that I think you've got no chance of getting a response from Admin. But even if you did, the response will be in support Mod7 and have no bearing on what the Mods should and shouldn't do going forward. Which, for us, a group of members that provide Admin with a fairly large hit count (which he needs to generate interest in advertising and therefore money from this site), I find rather supercilious.

I DO NOT wish to debate that last point. It will only lead to the thread being deleted/locked AGAIN! If you want to debate it, open a new topic.

If removing part of a dead terrorists body means he can't get into heaven and claim his virgins, let it be known that all dead bodies will have a limb removed before being released for burial.

If it frightens off just a few terrorists, it's a win situation. :LOL:

Another way of looking at it is that we despise and hate people who hack our soldiers or hostages to bits. We take the view that this is disgusting behaviour, and we a morally superior because we behave better. We like to say that our men don't perform torture, murder or rape.

Are we willing to abandon our hope of being the good guys?

Sponsored Links
Back