Halstead Finest Gold - DHW problem

Are you sure that you are looking at the hw flow switch and not the boiler flow switch.

i think we may be getting to the bottom of your little problem.

;)

Sponsored Links
hmmmn ..... When I started this thread I was of the opinion that it may have been the DHW thermistor. As they have the same part number in the halstead list I decided to try swapping them over and see if it made any difference. (put the CH thermistor in the DHW and the DHW thermistor in the CH)

Now I'm wondering if that is why I have no DHW anymore ??? :(

scatmanjohn said:
Are you sure that you are looking at the hw flow switch and not the boiler flow switch.

i think we may be getting to the bottom of your little problem.

;)

possibly .... I'll check

Sponsored Links
spot on scatman .... I was looking at the wrong bloody relay !

So ...... divertor valve ?

Stop your guessing games and take note. :LOL:

Look at the diverter.

On the left hand side of it is a micro switch (it has see through plastic so you can see it operate)

When you run a hot tap does the pin move to the left and push the microswitch.

Thats all i need to know for now.

ps its a microswitch not a relay

OK .... at the risk of divorce I'll ask the missus to come and turn the tap on and off again :D

gimme a sec.

(If I aint back within 5 mins I've been drowned in a bathtub full of cold water)

:D

It isn't moving at all.... we've got cracking water pressure here, and the pin didn't move at all.....

HHHHHHHHHHoooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy :eek: we got it

GOT WHAT? WHAT HAVE WE GOT ? I AINT GOT IT ? IS IT GOOD ?

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:LOL:

Please put him out of his misery....could've done it quicker that it took to read this thread :D

paul993 said:
:D

It isn't moving at all.... we've got cracking water pressure here, and the pin didn't move at all.....

Ok. now we are getting somewhere.

The fault is either the DHW diaphragm is worn/split or the impulse tubes are blocked.

The diaphragm is in the saucer shaped thingy which is fastened to the right hand side of the diverter.

The inpulse tubes are the little tubes that go into the saucer shaped thingy that is fastened to the right hand side of the diverter.

Hows that for ya.

Ps don't mess with the impulse tubes unless you have new o rings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back