Halstead Finest Gold - DHW problem

You have got it fella.

Forget about the diverter. (for now anyway)

You have got yourself one huge pile of ****e.

Get rid at the earliest opportunity.

Sponsored Links
HEY .... if I've overtightened the grub screws, would that not "pinch" the diverter and cause the problem I'm seeing ?

NO NO NO NO NO.

FFS

Are you having me on now ?

WOW ... I just loosened the grub screws and it's all working fine !!!!

(I'm talking ****e.... just wanted to imagine the split second of surprise on your face :D )

Yep .... a great big £800 pile of ****e..... it's been in 6 years now, and every 3 months or so I have to clean out the flow sensor pipes in the flue ....0.0005 grams of calcium and it just sits in safety lockout :evil:

What do I need to order then ? For a cursory inspection I'll need o-rings, is there a gasket between the halves of the saucer ? Or is that rubber an all ? don't wanna buy a diaphragm etc if it's intact.

In your obviously professional opinion, what would you say it's most likely to be ?

just a new diaphragm Paul....now tell me why my computers won't network together on my new belkin wireless router ;)

Sponsored Links
Presuming both computers can access the wireless network....Have you run the network connection wizard on both computers ?
If so and it doesn't work right click on My Computer->properties->computer name, and click change. Type in a sensible name, and choose the same WORKGROUP (MSHOME usually works). Enable file and printer sharing, click OK,OK,OK then reboot both. After reboot right click on "My Network Places" and do a "search for computers". Type the name of the other PC in the box, and hopefully you're away :D

I can't see your profile.... can you see mine ? (my email is in there)
Bit reluctant to post it on the site as the last time I did that I got spammed to death.....how much are we talking here ?

Paul seriously why does my internet connection work on both but they can't see each other?. One is hardwired to the router and one wireless does this make a difference?. Give me a boiler anyday....even a ravenheat.

Ollski ... it shouldn't matter whether there hardwired or wireless as long as the same DHCP server is assigning your IP addresses.

on both PC's do start->run and type cmd, then type ipconfig

you should see four numbers sommat like

192.168.1.65 - PC1
192.168.1.97 - PC2

As long as the first three numbers match you're ok. Now then on the *.*.*.65 PC type

PING 192.168.1.97 (or whatever the real numbers are)

You should get 4 replies

do the same on the other PC (*.*.*.97)

PING 192.168.1.65 (You should again get 4 replies)

If both PC's can Ping each other then it's more than likely your windows setup.........did you try the network connection wizard ?

Tell you what Paul I only have my laptop listed in my dhcp client list in the router setup page....should they both be there?

hmmmn .... now we're getting somewhere ;)

Go to you're desktop PC (I presume it's the one on the wire), right click on the network symbol near the clock (the two little blue screens that say "local area network") and choose "OPEN NETWORK CONNECTIONS".

In the window that opens, right click on Local Area Connection and goto properties.

You'll see another window now with a list of "stuff" . At the bottom of the list you'll see "Internet Protocol TCP/IP". Highlight this and click properties.

In the next window can you confirm that it's set to obtain an IP address automatically.

I'm getting nagged to go and watch IM A CELEBRITY NOW ..... so

drop us a mail.

ollski - just thought - It must be getting the IP from DHCP or you wouldn't be able to get on't tinternet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back