Halstead finest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there ive got a problem that i just can't seem to sort the boiler will run for couple of mins on heating then go to safety lock out.
if you reset it and run hot water it will go to safety instantly..
the fan is noisy but has been this way for months ive oiled the bearings to see if it would speed the fan up a little but didnt help..
The boiler will run fine with silver inspection cover off as soon as you offer it back up it goes straight to safety lock out.. can any body please help?

Sponsored Links
you need a RGI as problem will most likely be within combustion cover

you need a RGI as problem will most likely be within combustion cover
Sorry to sound a little simple whats an RGI??
Ive had inspection cover off and all looks spot on and fairly clean..

Registered Gas Installer - it may look fine but as its not working obviously all is not as it appears

the inspection cover is there for safety will need checking - by a competent person

Sponsored Links
Registered Gas Installer - it may look fine but as its not working obviously all is not as it appears
i would rather fix it myself as not many decent engineers down this way!!
I'm corgi'd but not any experience on breakdowns!!

then post in combustion chamber and you'll get a more definitive answer to your problem

If I remember correctly, the safety lock out, as you call it, on these (I assume you mean a red light) is an ignition fault lock out. My limited experience of this on these boilers is that a new ignition module/board will be needed. (The one attached to the gas valve)

Has he posted in the combustion chamber yet?

I am sure that I could help him there, but certainly not here!

Tony

Bartman it's the #1 most common fault on a Finest. Ask in the Combustion Chamber, or call Halstead, or email one of us, with your Corgi number.

i would rather fix it myself as not many decent engineers down this way!!
I'm corgi'd but not any experience on breakdowns!!

so.....you must be a RGI :rolleyes:

As ChrisR states, a common fault on the Halstead. Maybe also a fault finding course and some multimeter knowledge would also help you in your everyday work...assuming you are corgi :?:

I have not seen you posting in the Combustion Chamber yet.

Have I somehow missed it?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back