Hard Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I believe we're getting hard water stains on our washing so I'm looking into a cost effective way to reduce limescale etc.

Few years back I saw a device which strapped to the copper pipes and plugged in to a socket and something to do with magnets and electricity it broke down limescale etc is there such a thing?

The closest I can find at the moment is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DESCALER-LIME...lumbing_MJ?hash=item3efdf58358#ht_3796wt_1166

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
IMO total waste of money - especially at this price !

Look in Wikipaedia: there has never been one scientific study in the world to show that these have any effect in domestic installations.

Sponsored Links
Electromagnetic scale inhibitors?
snake-oil-131x300.jpg

They claim a change in state of the limescale as it passes through the inhibitor, but after it's passed through it, the limescale reverts to it's previous state.

Back to the OP's problem - Is your washing machine pumping out all the water as it runs through the wash cycle? If it doesn't, because of, say, a partially blocked or collapsed outlet hose, the rinse cycle becomes ineffective, leaving deposits on the washing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back