Heating controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I am hoping you can give me some guidance to solve a problem.
The boss man wants me to change the time controls from a satchwell 7 day optimiser to a conventional time switch for the heating system. Currently we have the satchwell svt with a compensator-climatronic.
Currently the timer is housed inside an enclosure; the boss wants the new one outside the enclosure, so he can turn on or off the timer as necessary. In an ideal world I would like to obtain something to do the job without too much alteration.
Any guidance given will be much appreciated
Regards
Mike.

Sponsored Links
THe Satchwell SVT is an Optimiser which incorporates a Frost protection based on internal space temp however you can use this as a standard clock by set ing the DPH (Design Pre-heat) control to position "T" (Test) this effectively overides the Start delay feature you can set the night temp setting at a low temp to disable the frost setting the d.t setting (day temp) will have no effect as this is just a boost setting so set to about 15'c

The CSC compensator control may be boiler linked in which case just turn the mode setting to + this will keep the boiler firing
if the compensation is by motorised mixing valve then you will have to set the mode switch to "O" and manually open thhe mixing valve.

I don't see much point in doing any of this as the existing set up should be far better than a simple time clock and Satchwell controlls are generally very reliable! ;)

Boilerman2,
Thank you kindly for your help.
Thanks for the tips and advice.
I will give it a go and report back, thanks again.
Regards
Mike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back