HEATLINE S24 Combi, stats/sensors

Fox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, Problems with BOILER Heatline s24 Combi,
:eek: Ok over the space of few month it started overheating and kettling, then h/w problems, then c/h temp setting dial started acting up, overheating again, now i have a flashing led for the dhw sensor.
so decided to check all sensors and stats, i found the clip/clamp for the heating sensor broke so zipped it back onto pipe, then the dhw immersed sensor was corroded and signs of leakage, all rest ok on visual inspection.
I am replacing the dhw sensor is it worth doing the c/h sensor also?
and does anyone any ideas, input or help from past experience, :idea: 's

Sponsored Links
HI

it sounds like the boiler is full of crap.this can cause the following.
1.overheating
2.kettling
3.temp dial acting up
4.corrosion
5.plus more

try descaler

hi there.

first thing I would check is that the ntc is cliped to the right part of the pipe. it should be below the clip that holds the pipe to the main heat exchanger, like this

in cases of overheating, if you have this ntc

it is worth getting the newer type which looks like this

hi there.

first thing I would check is that the ntc is cliped to the right part of the pipe. it should be below the clip that holds the pipe to the main heat exchanger, like this

in cases of overheating, if you have this ntc

it is worth getting the newer type which looks like this

Thats the one that broke the clip, its back on now and seems to be working as set to the dial, but still the dhw fault so changing that.
thanks for that, much appreciated
F:cool: X

Sponsored Links
HI

it sounds like the boiler is full of rubbish.this can cause the following.
1.overheating
2.kettling
3.temp dial acting up
4.corrosion
5.plus more

try descaler
thanks , how long for a new installation to usually get 'scale' ? this is just 2 years old, thinking back i had a problem with kettlin at the start so i took off more TRV's and left 3 rads fully open, now 9 of 10 are open?
F :rolleyes: X

HI

Depends if it is hard water area.it starts in less than a year if not treated with any chemicals. :(

mmmmm another 2 year old heatline thats faulty. Who'd have thought it eh mehran? :LOL:

does not bother me one bit ;)

all boilers break down be that due to installation error or genuine failure. the point being there is plenty of valliants poping up on this forum. I did not even have to look far for a 2 year old valliant having problems

//diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=160891

but I don't have an axe to grind against valliant. in fact valliant bought over the company that owned heatline and add one of its boilers to its range(glow worm betacom c) as you well know.

hi, mehraan do you not think it might be gas valve not set correctly on this

or are these zero gov.s ?

p.s. by the way you might have an e, mail from me i needed some advice on another heatline s24 , but since i got no reply didn't bother with it

most likely the original over heating was due to not having the sensor attached to the pipe. would replace the main ch ntc as a matter of course. checking what the burner pressure should be checked anyway. If overheating keeps happing with a new ntc and correct burner pressures. Then most likely system is full of ****.

sorry I did not answer your email. but ultimately I felt that I am not heatline technical support. on this forum I pick and choose what I answer. if for example you coughed up the argi membership fee and joined I would be more then happy to give you a detailed answer to your question :LOL:

http://www.argi-online.org.uk/index.html

HI

it sounds like the boiler is full of rubbish.this can cause the following.
1.overheating
2.kettling
3.temp dial acting up
4.corrosion
5.plus more

try descaler
thanks , how long for a new installation to usually get 'scale' ? this is just 2 years old, thinking back i had a problem with kettlin at the start so i took off more TRV's and left 3 rads fully open, now 9 of 10 are open?
F :rolleyes: X

hi, mehraan do you not think it might be gas valve not set correctly on this

or are these zero gov.s ?

p.s. by the way you might have an e, mail from me i needed some advice on another heatline s24 , but since i got no reply didn't bother with it
ch sensor working ok now clipped back on, but now you mention goveners, just over a year ago the whole street got new mains in plastic and new meters and govs' . could it be its too high now pressure and my boiler needs govening? and the dhw sensor will be fitted this week. I'm presiumig that the led display will return to normal and not show dhw fault, if not could it then be the pcb? thanks for yoyr help
Fox

[mehran wrote]most likely the original over heating was due to not having the sensor attached to the pipe. would replace the main ch ntc as a matter of course. checking what the burner pressure should be checked anyway. If overheating keeps happing with a new ntc and correct burner pressures. Then most likely system is full of s**t.

sorry I did not answer your email. but ultimately I felt that I am not heatline technical support. on this forum I pick and choose what I answer.

http://www.argi-online.org.uk/index.html[/quote]

I would say looking at that post Mehraan is on the ball with his diagnosis of the NTC and or the system dirt,
although if dirty so quickly that suggests to me the installer might not have done pre-commision drains
and pressures on GV , hence the boiler kettling a little from begging..

(Mehraan also wrote) if for example you coughed up the argi membership fee and joined I would be more then happy to give you a detailed answer to your question :LOL:

Fair enough Mehraan, you have the right to reply or not as you say i accept, and also apologise for E,mailing you,

What i would like to know is how you know that i wanted/tried to join the Argi forum,
also why you say that i should cough up, are you one of the sales persons for argi or is this the norm.... to talk about other peoples private issuse on argi. :mad:

even if i had declined to pay which i havent this is and should be something which only me and the person dealing with my attempt at trying to join the forum,, THE BAKER aka TIM,,, as he is know on here should have known about,

it seems the question is how you know something so private as this,

i,v been reading a little about what other RGI,s have said about argi and thought it could be good for RGI,s in particular..
but when i read this ,

Mehraan wrote " if for example you coughed up the argi membership fee and joined I would be more then happy to give you a detailed answer to your question "

ALARM BELLS RINGING :confused:
edited to apologise to fox for part hijacking the post and to mod. ;)

hold your horses there :LOL:

I have no idea you even tried to join argi :eek: I know nothing off you, it is one of the reasons I did not reply to your email. the whole join argi thing is only me trying to get more people in. I am no sales man or anything. if you posted up in the argi forum the same question I would bend over backwards to help. i was just trying to point that out.

your private dealing have not been comprised, no information have been passed to me and apologise for the poor wording about joining argi as "cough up" does not help the cause or the image.

sorry :oops:

kiss and make up and help me, lol

how do i add treatment to the system?
F :?: X

Usually the Heatline boilers are sludged up because the installers did not bother to clean the systems.

Citric acid ( DS40 ) is good at dissolving sludge but it can also cause old rads to leak!

I would desludge just the boiler itself but not everyone seems to be able to manage thet!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back