heatline s24 combi

Fox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, Problems with BOILER Heatline s24 Combi,
:eek: Ok over the space of few month it started overheating and kettling, then h/w problems, then c/h temp setting dial started acting up, overheating again, now i have a flashing led for the dhw sensor.
so decided to check all sensors and stats, i found the clip/clamp for the heating sensor broke so zipped it back onto pipe, then the dhw immersed sensor was corroded and signs of leakage, all rest ok on visual inspection.
I am replacing the dhw sensor is it worth doing the c/h sensor?
and does anyone any ideas, input or help from past experience,
:idea:

Sponsored Links
looks like your finding out what happens when you buy cheap tat.

Couldnt really help mate, all i can say that ive had some hellish problems with these Heatline Boilers recently (one thing after another), one of the poorest manufacturers on the market. I would get yourself a Maintenance Contract asap to avoid further hassles down the line

Sponsored Links
For how little they cost I would replace both sensors at the same time.

Overheating etc could be down to dirty system water.

Although Heatline are not the best of boilers, when fitted professionally to a clean system and commissioned as per MI's they should serve their purpose quite well.

Both sensors changed and working now, also now knowing the potential problems its easier to what to look for and to help with 'preventative maintenance' in future to avoid anything too costly. How do you add treatment to the system? or a de-scaler?

thanks for everyones help :D we wont be cold for christmas now.

Happy Christmas
F ;) X

you too mousey :LOL:

easiest way is to buy Inhibitor x100 in this form:

drain down your system, empty at rad, then with a silicone gun fire this stuff in through the bleeding hole at the top of the rad.

glad you got it sorted. don't mind mousey, valliant group(the people he works for) own heatline now. so heatline is the ugly duck at the moment to him.

merry xmas btw ;)

If you fitted 10 Vaillants and 10 Heatlines all to totally clean systems I doubt either model would be significantly less reliable.

Tony

easiest way is to buy Inhibitor x100 in this form:

drain down your system, empty at rad, then with a silicone gun fire this stuff in through the bleeding hole at the top of the rad.

glad you got it sorted. don't mind mousey, valliant group(the people he works for) own heatline now. so heatline is the ugly duck at the moment to him.

merry xmas btw ;)

Actually it's not any more. Both Sentinel and Fernox now supply their products in aerosol form as well.

Mike

You are suffering from a typical cowboy job; cheap boiler installed with poor workmanship.
Bet your bottom dollar your system if full of crud with the usual results.
Start with cleaning the system, get it checked over completely and remedy all the problems found.
May cost a few bop, but you will have to do it sooner or later and if you do it now, you will at least avoid more discomfort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back