heatline spares help! Urgent as its just gone very cold!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

My heatline vizo 24 has sprung a leak and damaged the divertor valve.

I need a new electric divertor valve and a spindle kit that fits in the divertor valve housing.

Anyone know where i can get these from near Birmingham over the christmas period?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Try your local B&Q they are trying to clear the Vizo's £360 ish inclusive ! for complete boiler , they might even be open to offer's , local down here have got 5 to clear !!

Sponsored Links
Try your local B&Q they are trying to clear the Vizo's £360 ish inclusive ! for complete boiler , they might even be open to offer's , local down here have got 5 to clear !!

I did think about it but im going to get the boiler replaced when the building work is finished so wasted money for a couple of parts. (changing to a diferent brand boiler as had to many things go wrong with this one)

isn.t there a hpc near screwfix on cranmore boulevard? i use the places on the north side so not familiar on that side.martins of yardley on on the 11 route just after yardley arms next roundabout down from the swan, 0121 783 5060. i know ita a few miles but they are very helpful

isn.t there a hpc near screwfix on cranmore boulevard? i use the places on the north side so not familiar on that side.martins of yardley on on the 11 route just after yardley arms next roundabout down from the swan, 0121 783 5060. i know ita a few miles but they are very helpful

Thanks mate for the number.

I looked on heatline website and they only say selco ? i spoke to selco and they dont do spares.

I thought this may be because im joe public so added my details in the heatline website as a installer and it still directs me to selco.

Do you know when the company thats number you have given me is open next?

sorry bud not sure my mate who services on the kings heath patch said A&B plumbing electric ave witton, we dont know when they are open but it feels like longshots at the moment.
the option of B&Q seems like a better idea to be honest

sorry bud not sure my mate who services on the kings heath patch said A&B plumbing electric ave witton, we dont know when they are open but it feels like longshots at the moment.
the option of B&Q seems like a better idea to be honest

My cousin lives on electric avenue so i will get him to check for me!

Anyway, ye the B@Q idea may be the best. Worsed bit is that i have anothe heatline fitted in flat we have above our retail outfit, that has just had about £300 quid spent on it , did think at the time i may as well replace it! If i had then i would have the bits i need spare! (other heatline is only 2 year old)

Or do i simply buy a new boiler now and get it thrown in. The pluming etc would only be a temp to see me over winter and then the boiler will be moved to its new home. Then again i guess i may as well get it all done in one shot and be done with it!

Recommened a good boiler i can pick up from maybe B@Q as they are open?

Your boiler did not just spring a leak!

The system water was dirty and the dirt wore away the rubber seal on the moving pin.

Thats not the boiler's fault but the nupty installer who did not clean the system by power flushing etc.

We would charge £840 labour to fit a boiler but everyone who buys a boiler for £360 expects to have it fitted for £150 and at that price its never going to include power flushing.

Basically you get what you pay for.

If you disconnect the diverter valve motor you should still be able to use the boiler for hot water with the motor off and heating with it placed back IF the motor last stopped in the pin out position. Alternatively push the opin down with a dowel or something similar.

Tony

Your boiler did not just spring a leak!

The system water was dirty and the dirt wore away the rubber seal on the moving pin.

Thats not the boiler's fault but the nupty installer who did not clean the system by power flushing etc.

We would charge £840 labour to fit a boiler but everyone who buys a boiler for £360 expects to have it fitted for £150 and at that price its never going to include power flushing.

Basically you get what you pay for.

If you disconnect the diverter valve motor you should still be able to use the boiler for hot water with the motor off and heating with it placed back IF the motor last stopped in the pin out position. Alternatively push the opin down with a dowel or something similar.

Tony

Its the the ceramic bit that holds the o ring in place on the shaft that has split in two halfs.

I brought the boiler as it was recommened. However im not happy with it and i think i have asked for someone to recommened a new boiler for me.

The system was power flushed also.

How long would it take you to fit a new boiler? All pipes are there just need connecting up to boiler?

not really from there, i suppose ebay isn,t an option given your time pressures?
two items heatline valve service kit 3003202082 and actuator motor 3003200039
sorry for the lack of constructive help and good luck with sorting it

not really from there, i suppose ebay isn,t an option given your time pressures?
two items heatline valve service kit 3003202082 and actuator motor 3003200039
sorry for the lack of constructive help and good luck with sorting it

Thanks, i have the part numbers but cant find anyone to supply parts untill next thursday.

I can manage untill then but my issue is i go away on holiday so it would mean leaving the house with no heating for a couple of weeks that i dont want to do for obvious reasons.

I take it that your local to me?

Would you be able to supply and fit a new boiler for me maybe?

afraid not matt but i think there are some lads from the bham area who install and are on this site, like powell 30, westbrom or mg heating but they are likely to be very busy

afraid not matt but i think there are some lads from the bham area who install and are on this site, like powell 30, westbrom or mg heating but they are likely to be very busy

Well thanks for your help mate.

I will wait for someone i know i guess to be free.

Again thankyou for your help and actually being a polite person unlike some others that use this forum. I have been back on here for 1 hour and i now remember why i stopped using this place!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back