Heavy duty brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm almost too embarrased to ask this question :oops: but here goes...

When fitting shelving brackets for instance,8x10,long side to wall,shelf sits on the short side.

I've bought these brackets from screwfix to fit a worktop in my garage.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A332897&ts=52285&id=17301

But looking at the screwholes and position of same,it doesnt look right.

So if you had bought these,which way is it?

Thanks for any help :p

Sponsored Links
longest edge on the wall

although you say worktop!!!!! if your talking 600mm and those brackets are around 300mm they wont be big enough to support 600mm probably nearer 400 just depends on weight and leverage and also the wall construction of your garage
if you put legs on the front you neednt worry about leverage and how much weight you put on the front edge ;)

longest edge on the wall

although you say worktop!!!!! if your talking 600mm and those brackets are around 300mm they wont be big enough to support 600mm probably nearer 400 just depends on weight and leverage and also the wall construction of your garage
if you put legs on the front you neednt worry about leverage and how much weight you put on the front edge

Thanks for your reply
I actually thought these would be OK for a 600mm worktop :mad:
What got me thinking,was on the enlarged image,the offset and smaller(worktop holes)are at the top.

Sponsored Links
its not the material thats the problem its the leverage thats the problem

1kg at the wall may =5kg at 300mm and 10kg at 600mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back