Here we go again!

I just hope that whatever the powers that be decide, it can be done without allied troops on the ground - too many have paid dearly for our misguided foreign interventions.

Maybe kids are dying in Iraq. If we must do something, keep our forces out. We shouldn't sacrifice any more of our brave soldiers for conflicts that we can't solve.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
So, our Western ways are not good enough for you? You would rather have a barbaric 3rd world terrorist organisation control the population of people just wanting to live their lives in peace?
Its always 'either/or' with those who fail to get the point :rolleyes:

Trying to suddenly impose western style 'democracy' in areas of the world that have no history of such systems always leads to problems.

Look at the splendid 'success' we've made of Iraq and Afghanistan :rolleyes:

Countries have to evolve their own way of doing things, but the problem is the countries we are talking about have artificial borders drawn up by western interference.

And before we lecture others, we still have a way to go before we become a true democracy ourselves where every person's vote counts equally!

That's all well and good ellal. However there are really rather a lot of non-combatants getting murdered. Would you be ok with just letting them get on with it?

Sit back, do nothing and wait for them to arrive in Europe, now that's a good idea.

Hold on, they're already here.

Ignore ISIS at your peril.

Do you think they're only interested in Iraq and Syria?

Sponsored Links
That's all well and good ellal. However there are really rather a lot of non-combatants getting murdered. Would you be ok with just letting them get on with it?
Care to show us where we have made an improvement by intervention?

All we do by our invasions and bombings is create different 'enemies' and are forced to become 'friends' with those who were our 'enemies' last time around :rolleyes:

If it were not so serious I would find it funny that those who we now must attack we were willing to fund and were secretly training in Jordan!

Those Jihadists who are apparently now such a 'danger' should they return are in fact fighting for a force that were our 'friends' less than a year ago!

So let them get on with it?

They will probably be better off in long run. Because you can't bomb ideas out of existence!

Iran was once the big 'bogeyman', and yet they have slightly more moderate leaders now. Give it a while and the people will ensure that moderation continues.

ella wrote...

"Care to show us where we have made an improvement by intervention?"

These are the only countries not improved by intervention....

Andorra
Belarus
Bolivia
Burundi
Central African Republic
Chad
Congo, Republic of
Guatemala
Ivory Coast
Kyrgyzstan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Mali
Marshall Islands
Monaco
Mongolia
Paraguay
Sao Tome and Principe
Sweden
Tajikistan
Uzbekistan
Vatican City

As a member of one of the countries that has been "intervened" I can assure you that it has improved by a large margin.

Where they have benefitted from Western intervention?
The whole of the region with Western money to produce oil?
Kuwait from invasion by Iraq?

You are correct when you say you can't bomb ideas, but you can bomb those that act upon them.

And how will they be better off afterwards? I assume you mean ISIS because you cannot mean the innocent dead.

elly seems OK with this also....
http://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=56339

"ISIS on Christians:..
'There is nothing to give them but the sword'

elly wrote...
"They will probably be better off in long run"

So that makes it OK then?

SAS are already inside Syria and hopefully your knife wielding sand negroe friends will be their first targets.

Incidentally the nato bombing of Yugoslavia in 1999 (which had no UN backing) led to the withdrawal of Yugoslav forces from Kosovo, the establishment of UNMIK, a U.N. mission in Kosovo and put an end to the Yugoslav Wars of the 1990s.

Care to show us where we have made an improvement by intervention

I don't know whether this report is correct or not. http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/09/02/isiss-cruelty-toward-women-gets-scant-attention/

Supposing this may be correct at least to some extent you are perfectly ok with just letting them get on with it?
It may have escaped your attention but in the last 100 years there were a couple of events in Europe where far more atrocities were carried out...

From that came a way of sorting differences out peacefully...

And although there are different opinions as to where the 'co-operation' is leading, it wasn't imposed.

The middle east has to do the same without the west telling them how to do it!

And having a quasi western bully in its midst will prolong the process until Israel also believes in a peaceful solution...

Many Countries in Asia have managed to curb barbarism and 'moderate' their approaches in the last few decades despite western fears of how it would affect us if they emerged with different ideals...

In the long run the people will win out, but all we are doing at present is keeping the pot of death stirring in order to enable vested interests to make a killing - literally and figuratively!

Having had the good fortune to have been widely travelled, I have the ability to realise that the western way of life is as despised in certain places as much as the west appears to despise their enemies...

Until the ignorance is lifted on all sides, this conflict will go on...

So if the area has to undergo turmoil in order to get whatever order it decides on then so be it!

Care to show us where we have made an improvement by intervention

I don't know whether this report is correct or not. http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/09/02/isiss-cruelty-toward-women-gets-scant-attention/

Supposing this may be correct at least to some extent you are perfectly ok with just letting them get on with it?
It may have escaped your attention but in the last 100 years there were a couple of events in Europe where far more atrocities were carried out...

From that came a way of sorting differences out peacefully...

And although there are different opinions as to where the 'co-operation' is leading, it wasn't imposed.

The middle east has to do the same without the west telling them how to do it!

And having a quasi western bully in its midst will prolong the process until Israel also believes in a peaceful solution...

Many Countries in Asia have managed to curb barbarism and 'moderate' their approaches in the last few decades despite western fears of how it would affect us if they emerged with different ideals...

In the long run the people will win out, but all we are doing at present is keeping the pot of death stirring in order to enable vested interests to make a killing - literally and figuratively!

Having had the good fortune to have been widely travelled, I have the ability to realise that the western way of life is as despised in certain places as much as the west appears to despise their enemies...

Until the ignorance is lifted on all sides, this conflict will go on...

So if the area has to undergo turmoil in order to get whatever order it decides on then so be it!

What a load of hogwash.

How are we being the Western bullies?

We've been invited/asked by the Iraqi government for help, other Arab countries are helping too, I am confused by your allegations.

ISIS are a threat to all, forget religion, these are psychopathic thugs, nothing more, nothing less.

I am confused by your allegations.
The confusion is in your inabilty to read :rolleyes:

What has Israel got to do with Syria?

Last time I checked Israel hadn't invaded Syria. What planet are you on?

Are you actually so dumb that you think the middle east would be peaceful if Israel didn't exist?

2% of our oil now comes from the middle east so our vested interests in the middle east in that respect are diminishing fast.

I am confused by your allegations.
The confusion is in your inabilty to read :rolleyes:

Obviously I can read, maybe my confusion is in your ramblings.

I interpret 'being told' and 'imposing' to be bully boy tactics and these you accuse the 'West' of doing, which it isn't really.

Sponsored Links
Back