Here we go again!

But hey, the military industrial complex gets to make even more money ;)

Sorry I have to ask - whose military industrial complex is getting more money?

The British armed forces have been slowly getting smaller and smaller over the years, and the industries supporting them have experienced a similar decline.
So if all this business in the middle east is just a huge con to put money in the pockets of the industries that sell arms, they seem to be going about it the wrong way.
Less spending on personel but higher spending on the weapons is a clue

Does a couple of carriers at £4bn a pop and jets at £100m a go give you an idea about who stands to gain?

Every time our military gets their rocks off firing a cruise missile it cost the taxpayer close on £500k...

Guess who benefits from supplying replacements for those!

Some people really do need to have the dots joined up for them :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

Does a couple of carriers at £4bn a pop and jets at £100m a go give you an idea about who stands to gain?

Every time our military gets their rocks off firing a cruise missile it cost the taxpayer close on £500k...

I suppose as as dedicated conspiracy theorist you can tell me? 'Cos when I worked for one of the UKs biggest defense contractors a few years back wages were low and everything was done on a shoestring budget, and according to the ex-forces blokes who worked there things were much the same in the military.
A defense contractor I might add, who were taken over, merged, spun off, renamed and merged again before I lost track of it.

So like I said, exactly where is all this money going, because its sure not propping up UK industry.

The British armed forces have been slowly getting smaller and smaller over the years, and the industries supporting them have experienced a similar decline.
So if all this business in the middle east is just a huge con to put money in the pockets of the industries that sell arms, they seem to be going about it the wrong way.

£500k every time? £500k cost to the taxpayer, really?

Sorry but you are wrong.

Let's think about the cost of materials in that missile, cost of labour to build all those components, Cost of labour to assemble all those components etc.

The tax all those employers and employees pay, the tax and VAT the companies pay and the cost comes down considerably, possibly about 70%.

Worth every penny if it takes out a few murdering bastids and saves a few children's lives.

There's only one good Terrorist and that's a dead one.

My first reaction is to say that we should keep out of it and leave the nutters to kill each other if that's what they want.

At the same time, the Foreign Office should offer clear warnings that aid workers, medics and any other person who thinks they need to give their help should keep their noses out too. If they decide to ignore these warnings, they only have themselves to blame if things go wrong.

I think the only way we might possibly intervene would be to protect our oil interests if they are threatened. That would involve only defensive tactics and avoid our venturing into 'enemy' territory. If and when alternatives to Middle East oil are found, then of course we wouldn't need to bother at all.

Needless to say, anyone going from this country to join the fun should never be allowed back in.

Sponsored Links
Thing is,, under the terms of British involvement, all the ISIS fanatics have to do, is retreat back inside Syria's borders, sit back and watch the UK bomb inside Iraq's borders. :LOL: :LOL:

Thing is,, under the terms of British involvement, all the ISIS fanatics have to do, is retreat back inside Syria's borders, sit back and watch the UK bomb inside Iraq's borders. :LOL: :LOL:

We have been announcing that we are coming for the past three weeks so they will be well hidden by now.

I suppose at some stage we have to go back there and clean up Blair and Bush's mess.

£500k every time? £500k cost to the taxpayer, really?

Sorry but you are wrong.

Let's think about the cost of materials in that missile, cost of labour to build all those components, Cost of labour to assemble all those components etc.

The tax all those employers and employees pay, the tax and VAT the companies pay and the cost comes down considerably, possibly about 70%.

Worth every penny if it takes out a few murdering bastids and saves a few children's lives.

There's only one good Terrorist and that's a dead one.
Maybe we should bomb more of them and create jobs for our unemployed.

Needless to say, anyone going from this country to join the fun should never be allowed back in.
Can I take it that you will also include all the British mercenaries that have flocked to join Blackwater/Academi and other 'private armies' in that prohibition of return?

And of course also those British people who went and fought with the IDF against the Palestinians?

Yep, we have the makings of a 'win win' situation here.

More bombs dropped the more IS we kill, less will return to the UK and more weapons manufacturing will be required.

Go get em, boys.

I suppose as as dedicated conspiracy theorist you can tell me? 'Cos when I worked for one of the UKs biggest defense contractors a few years back wages were low and everything was done on a shoestring budget, and according to the ex-forces blokes who worked there things were much the same in the military.
A defense contractor I might add, who were taken over, merged, spun off, renamed and merged again before I lost track of it.

So like I said, exactly where is all this money going, because its sure not propping up UK industry.

I don't buy into the conspiracy, but I think you are being a bit naive if you think low wages for employees means the owners are not making a big profit!

Very naive. I used to work for a company that made artillery trainers. They made one for wire guided missiles for the British Army. Basically a transit van with rockets on the roof, guided by a guy operating a little joystick looking through a periscope. The army were concerned about the optics fogging so these things had a one bar electric fire inside. To make them squaddie proof as the sergeant explained it, they cost £24000 each in the 80's. Don't get me started on the redesigns and costs of the Tornado simulator I worked on either, eye watering.

Sponsored Links
Back