Hiding those pipes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Can someone point me in the direction of somewhere that sells trunking to hide 15mm piping. I'm after the stuff that has the clip-on front (about 40mm wide and deep enough for copper pipe).

I've tried Wickes, Homebase and B&Q and none of them do it. :eek:

I pulled the old stuff off the wall thinking that it'd be easy to replace! :oops:

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate.

I assume the "thorsman trunking" is the stuff with the clip on front?

never assume anything.

thorsman is a manufacturer, either that or his brother makes cable clips

Sponsored Links
yes you fit the brackets too the wall and the cover clips on

the other stuff is for cables when you screw the back and sides on the wall and clip the front on is that the stuff you want try an electrical wholesaler

kevplumb said:
yes you fit the brackets too the wall and the cover clips on

the other stuff is for cables when you screw the back and sides on the wall and clip the front on is that the stuff you want try an electrical wholesaler

It sounds like the stuff I want is the electrical stuff then. I've only got to go about 12 inches (from the ceiling to the top of the shower).

You don't want the electric stuff. With the front clipping stuff you put clips on the wall first, that's what you want.

breezer said:
never assume anything.

thorsman is a manufacturer, either that or his brother makes cable clips

I aways thought he was the God of thunder

:LOL: :LOL:

cant be the god of thunder, his name is thor, it may be a relative though, becuse he is called thorsman, not thorsgod :LOL:

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm gonna look for the electrical stuff I think. I've got to attach it on top of tiles and only need to go about 16 inches (from the ceiling to the top of the shower unit).

It's not worth screwing in pipes clips (through the tiles) for such a short run. It's easier to seal the trunking on the tiles and clip the front onto the trunking.

Thanks again

Don't know which B &Q you,ve tried but I bought a 3 metre length for £3.58 from B & Q warehouse approx 65mm wide 35mm deep.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back